N249 BYPASS YES OR NO???

paulsaudi

Reaction score
Hi,

I have 2001 AMK S3

Should i do the N249 bypass??? is it much better/smoother etc??

Ive heard it messes with the traction control??

My friend also has S3 and he said that the traction has saved him many many times!!!!

Will traction still work with this mod??

Also just to clear it up, to do the mod just run 4mm hose from inlet all the way to the top of factory DV and leave N249 plugged in to stop dash lights etc?

you opinions please............

ive done the bypass mate never had any problems witn traction or anything for that matter, car felt a little more responsive and got rid of a boost leak, clears up alot of mess aswell all that vac chamber and stuff. theres one or two guides on here how to do it.

good idea to remove results in less boost leaks.
also the traction will not be affected.
yeh just 4mm vac hose
leave n249 connected electrically
run pipe form top of dv tee into inlet manifold run the rest of pipe to the n112
run a second pipe from other side of n112 to sai
job done

Easiest job in the world to do and the throttle feels more connected to the engine afterwards. Well worthwile for a quids worth of pipe.

I'm a believer in leaving it as Audi designed it but did the n249 delete last weekend and it's definitely all positive... On an AMK as it happens...

I have an AMK it's so easy to do and works fine no probs.

Right i have decided..........i am going to do it!!!!

So with my AMK engine just run 4mm hose from top of DV to inlet???

Thanks for comments guys ; )

Yup, leave the valve connected electronically and just run from inlet to dv. 1m of 4mm ID hose required.

I done it. No complaints. If anything, it ran better. With cars of this age and producing the heat they do, there's bound to be a leak in all that extra kak.

There's really no reason not to do the n249 bypass on these. The only time you hear problems is when people have done it wrong!

On cars with the SAI you need to make sure it's still plumbed in correctly, and part of that is refitting a check valve many people leave out, which stops the n112 seeing boost.

I recently bypassed my n112 totally as well, and I've not had any problems at all with it

how easy is this to do on a BAM? all i need is a 1meter piece of 4mm hose? ive looked at a thread showing how to do it. looks confusing. maybe it isnt though. and im a mechanic :S

Cheers

Can you essencially bin all the unwanted / needed plumbing + pipes that are no longer needed *after by-passing the spagetti junction* on top of the head? Will I need this again?

Just one pipe from top of the DV to the one that comes out of the Inlet Manifiold?

What reason is the N249 there? To monitor boost?

There's really no reason not to do the n249 bypass on these. The only time you hear problems is when people have done it wrong!

On cars with the SAI you need to make sure it's still plumbed in correctly, and part of that is refitting a check valve many people leave out, which stops the n112 seeing boost.

I recently bypassed my n112 totally as well, and I've not had any problems at all with it
Check valve...lol...Where?