Which wheels for my S3?

tom792

Boost Addict :)
Reaction score
Looking to get some 18" or 19" rims for my S3, i know 18" S4 Avus are quite popular.

I have a budget of about £800 but less i spend the more i have for performance toys :)

Pics would be awsome :)

Dude why base what your car looks like on what other people think? what do you like mate?

Do you want massive blingers?

Lightweight and racey?

OEM?

Reps?

Rare wheels?

for £800 or less i think youll be looking at replica wheels of spend ages trying to find second hand wheels specially if your after tyres in that price aswell. go on ebay and type 18 mk4 golf wheel and have a hunt through there to give you an idea

Like Dane says mate be different and go for what you like. I got S4 Avus purely because I wanted a standard look and see the S4 Avus as a beautiful wheel that suits the lines of the 8L very well. My old S3 wheels are about to be powder coated lime green, I like to be different ;)

Im sure there is a set of genuine S4 alloys on the bay at the mo, they are 5x112, but im sure you can get adaptors to fit, think they were on a BIN for £300!!

How are s4 wheels common, iv only seen a few on this site. They are by far the best look for an s3 though, iv got reps, so no adapters required!

Hi Tom, i have a set of 18" bbs rsII split rim alloys. (sometimes called anniversary) They are genuine audi and have dark grey centres with silver outers. They have a set of yokohama winter tyres on them (all good). Obviously i use these in the winter as i have an all silver set of the same rims which are on my s3 at the moment. They could do with a refurb as there is a bit of kerbing damage on the outer lip but they are not bad. I am working tonight so i can't put any pics up yet. I am not in a rush to sell so if you want i could get them refurbed if you are interested.
Andy

Golf R32 replicas, they came with a diamond cut edge and at £350 brand new it a WIN!
Oh and 8x18

P8210005.jpg

Dude why base what your car looks like on what other people think? what do you like mate?

Not going to decide on wheels just because you guys like them buddy, just was looking to see some pics so i could get an idea of what's out there :) Like the look of BBS LM reps.

Do you want massive blingers?

Lightweight and racey?

OEM?

Reps?

Rare wheels?

Am split between S4 Avus and BBS LM Rep's. What else would i need to make wheeks of 18/19" look good, Spacers, Coilovers? anything else need changing when i lower the car?