Volks AutosJMB Retrofits

Thread: boost dumping

3rd Gear

Status

boost dumping

following a conversation in the pub last night with my mate who has a jap car with atmospheric dv i wanted to check something.

any time i go over 0 psi and let off the accelerator i can hear the diverter valve dumping, higher psi, louder the dump. Now he said his will only dump over 5 psi of so and pottering around town its silent. Does mine sound right, he does blow pipes daily so i think his dv is broken. I am just curious as my car is so noisy around town and dump constantly. I swear it dumps off revs as well!

i have forge 007p with yellow spring

We both have 14psi

any ideas? how often does your dv go off?
    Genuine Audi Pink A3 1.8T, stage 1 remap. Genuine Audi bodykit and Reiger front bumper, 18's, JOM coillies down 50mmish, dewipered, debadged, 007P, K&N, Janspeed exhaust, Bose and a few other bits and bobs!

WANTED: rubber mat which sits under ashtray in cubby hole
    drivers side wing mirror glass,
    bonnet in Devon area
    front brake discs for A3 1.8T

2. # ADS
    ADS

poking badgers with spoons
    Mouse Race Champion, Fishing the Sea Champion

Status
    i get a nice dump noise near enough every time i lift off the accelerator, but that was only since i put an induction kit and TIP on the a3, iv got 007p with green spring i think

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    The dump valve will open when ever vacuum is applied... this is by design.... the level of noise will be related to the amount of boost you have in the system at the time you let off the throttle...

If you have a boost gauge and see it swing below 0 then the dump valve will be open... simples..

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...