[Blog] Dan-Jnr - 2002 Audi S3 8l (225) Negaro Blue

Love the RNS-E Dan, that's one upgrade I may leave till last unless I can get one for a good price.

...Have you done the Ambient Lights mod?

Did a power run this evening with VCDS and managed a Mass Air Flow figure of 219 g/s which equates to 273 BHP.

This is with Revo Stage 1, Badger 5 TIP, Jetex Filter, and standard DV.

I will do some more detailed power runs at the weekend.

Did a power run this evening with VCDS and managed a Mass Air Flow figure of 219 g/s which equates to 273 BHP.

This is with Revo Stage 1, Badger 5 TIP, Jetex Filter, and standard DV.

I will do some more detailed power runs at the weekend.

What psi boost was this at Dan? I'm only asking because I also did some logging tonight. I was getting 230g/s (287bhp) at 20psi and 25psi so I think 230g/s is about the maximum a K04 turbo will flow.

Gave the car a quick wash and wax on Tuesday. Resulting in some pretty decent water beading this morning. Which has now become my phones home picture.

audi_water_beading.jpg

The aerial gasket had perished so time for a replacement.
£3.65 from eBay, and took less than 10 mins to replace.

audi_aerial_seal_old.jpg

audi_aerial_seal_new.jpg

Recent work completed at the very professional and helpful VAG Technik after having an interim service at Audi:

O/S/F CV Boot
Front drop links
Rear ARB

The S3 has also just clicked 113000 miles.

For a bargain price of £67.50 I recently purchased a Revo SPS from eBay so I can have a tinker with the Revo map settings.

audi_revo_sps.jpg

Removed the Badger 5 TIP and Jetex filter and replaced with the stock TIP and an ITG filter to stop my turbo spiking.
This is due to the Revo Stage 1 map being too aggressive for a larger TIP.
I'll save these parts for when I decide to go Stage 2.

Last weekend gave the car a 6 hour detail.

Meguairs Ultimate Wash and Wax
Meguiars Clay
Meguiars Step 1 Paint Cleaner using G220 V2
Poorboys Black Hole Glaze using G220 V2
Poorboys EP Sealant using G220 V2
Poorboys Natty Wax applied by hand with microfibre pad

Not long after it rained which resulted in the following photo being taken

audi_droplets2.jpg

Got myself a set of Brembo GT calipers and 323mm discs to improve my braking.
The difference these bad boys make when braking hard is remarkable.

audi_brembo.jpg

Some new purchases ready for an up and coming upgrade

Badger 5 heat shield for the Jetex Filter, this decreases air intake temperatures especially on full boost as it stops the filter sucking in the warm air round the engine. It also seals against the underneath of the bonnet.

audi_heatshield.jpg

Set of Eibach lowering springs, 25mm front and 20mm at the rear. This should make the car sit just above the top of the tyres without ruining the handling or ride quality.

audi_loweringsprings.jpg

Old piece of hose that needed replacing

audi_oldhose.jpg

New hose to replace the one above

audi_newhose.jpg

Replaced this pair of hoses as the larger one hard perished and kept blowing off the DV.

audi_newhose2.jpg

So what's the difference with nogaro blue and your negaro blue? Is yours a bit darker :D

what size wheels are you running on Dan-jnr? good post so far i will be starting one on my white s3 in the new year :-D

JD09 - standard shocks for now.

burns3 - spelt it incorrectly to be different ;)

AVLO - standard 17inch Avus alloys.

I've just read through the whole thread. People who know me will now be like "WFT?!" because I hate S3's more than anything.

However.

**** me yours is lovely! What a tidy example with some brilliant mods; I'm really really impressed.

Dare I say it, this is the first S3 I've ever seen that I would be proud to own. So congratulations and keep up the good work!

What did you ask for at the dealer to get this hose? Mine's in similar shape to your old one...

audi_newhose.jpg

Recently had quite a bit of work done.

Pair of Goodyear Eagle F1 for the rear
Coolant topped up as it showing low when parked on my raised drive
Eibach Pro Kit lowering springs fitted
Pipewerx 3" Downpipe
Pipewerx Sports Cat
Milltek Resonated Catback Exhaust
Revo Stage 2 upgrade

All the recent additions has transformed the car even more than Stage 1. The mid range torque is ridiculous.
I have got an SPS Switch so did some testing with different settings.

The SPS settings for Stage 1 were Boost 8, Timing 4 and Fuel 6.
When Stage 2 was uploaded the settings were changed to Boost 7, Timing 6 and Fuel 9.
I did a couple of runs with the settings as Boost 9, Timing 6 and Fuel 9, and the car was insane. It felt like a proper animal.

I changed the settings back to Boost 7, Timing 6, and Fuel 9 for conservative reliability as I need to get my FMIC fitted and book in for Forged rods in the New Year. I don't fancy making new holes in my engine or bending rods.

Last edited:
Went to Badger5 before I went to Australia in February to have my AH Fabs 1.5 intercooler fitted.
Wasn't straight forward as my crash bar had already been cut but there was enough metal to fit the intercooler.
Anyway great service from the guys and recommend them to anyway.

Since having it fitted my cruising air in take temp sits between 6° and 10°, and during fullboost it raises to 21° to 25°

I also had a Forge MBC fitted to clip my boost spiking past 22psi. This should save turbo and reduce the chances of bent rods.

audi_intercooler2.jpg

When I had my Eibach springs fitted the garage removed the OEM rubber spring pads and replaced with the Eibach spring pads.
This caused the car to sit incorrectly.
The OEM ones have to remain as well as the Eibach spring pads.
The car now sits perfectly.

Eibach spring pads only
audi_eibach_springs.jpg

OEM and Eibach spring pads

audi_lowered_correctly.jpg

Dan-Jnr just read through your thread, you have a very nice car and a credit to you

Andy

Reactions: Dan-Jnr
Spent last Sunday afternoon washing, claying, polishing and waxing, then after 5 hours and not being able to find my tyre shine (well annoyed) produced this.

audi_summer_2013.jpg

Time has come to put my S3 back to stock configuration to sell, apart from lowering springs, Revo Stage 1, and RNS-E.

Car will be up for sale from tomorrow night, parts will be added to classifieds this week.

So out with the old and in with the new.

Audi s3 8p

When I had my Eibach springs fitted the garage removed the OEM rubber spring pads and replaced with the Eibach spring pads.
This caused the car to sit incorrectly.
The OEM ones have to remain as well as the Eibach spring pads.
The car now sits perfectly.

Eibach spring pads only
audi_eibach_springs.jpg

OEM and Eibach spring pads

audi_lowered_correctly.jpg

This is interesting, I'm pretty sure I just replaced my spring pads with the Eibach ones.....did you leave both the top and bottom spring pads in (both the flat ones)?

Nooo another noggy leaves. Oh well, at least you got a proper colour for the 8P and not the usual boring black/grey/white. I saw this one advertised and it caught my eye too ;-)

The car is now up back to standard configuration apart from Revo Stage 1 and Eibach lowering springs.
It's now up for sale, and most modified parts are in the classified section.