turbo revs SMIC

coatesy

poking badgers with spoons
Reaction score
i know this has probably been said a million times but are the turbo revs side mounts any good ?

on the ebay listing it says they have a hole in them for the map sensor i think it is for with the AGU not having the sensor what could i block the hole up with or would it even need blocking?
the only reason im looking in to the side mount is because id like to keep my bumper in one piece instead of cutting it up.

basicly i dont have a clue what im talking about so any info or guiding would be awesome.

nice one mate but i dont have a s3 its a 1.8t sport i did mention that in a away when i said AGU block. every time i search for smic its to do with an s3 i know most people have s3's on here, just looking for a much advise as possible :D

I knew you were talking about a 1.8T but the SMIC on them is just as bad. I'd recommend a FMIC over an uprated SMIC any day.

i've been pondering a fmic of late. will i see a noticible difference on the mods i have currently or should it be lower down the list?

you don't have to lose the grills on each side, it really depends on which kit you fit. if you make up your own setup you can keep all the grilles if you so wish.

SMIC / FMIC really depends on the state of tune you're looking to end up with.

If you're never going to go beyond a stage 1 map, then the turbo revs SMIC will be brilliant for what you need.

If you're planning on a ko3S and going further, then you'll want to be looking at an FMIC setup instead

awesome man, i was thinking about going ko3s but tbh im only 20 don't have the greatest amount of money coming in from work, i reckon saving that money plus more at every chance could get me well on my way to an s3 next year :D

well, one way to look at it, is that you don't NEED a FMIC to get to 220bhp or so, my daily runs 20psi from a ko3S, stage 1 map, and makes 224bhp. I'm currently running the standard SMIC, which is pretty rubbish.

Inlet temps do get high on boost, and on track you can feel the heatsoak, but it's not really an issue for road use. On bills dyno, it dropped from 224bhp on the first run, to 216bhp after 3 full throttle runs, so that gives you an idea of the power lost through heatsoak.

For an AGU on a ko3 the uprated SMIC will MORE than cope, and to be honest, even with a ko3S you'll still see a healthy 220bhp with the SMIC without the need for an FMIC.

alright sweet, nice one prawn some helpful info for me there, smic it is.

just one other question im right saying the AGU block doesn't have the sensor that goes in to the intercooler does it ? so what could i use to block the hole thats on these turbo revs smic.... would it be worth taking it to a place that does ally welds and ask them to tap the hole closed

use whatever you want mate :p

i'd be inclined to Either get a map sensor off a scrapper and bolt it in as a blank, or make up a plate from some 3mm ally / steel and bolt it down, using some sealant to make sure it seals

awesome man, i was thinking about going ko3s but tbh im only 20 don't have the greatest amount of money coming in from work, i reckon saving that money plus more at every chance could get me well on my way to an s3 next year :D

If you plan on getting an S3 then dont waste money buying a smic for your A3.

yeah it will be a long time before i could get an s3 insurance been the main thing where i live is like the highest post code crime rate thingy :( bad times .... but either way living at home with no bills allows me to spend money on the a3 it is only 100 squid