SMIC's

mikekean

Reaction score
Hi,

Are both the SMIC's on the S3 the same? im thinking of getting 2 of the Turborevs uprated SMIC's and fitting then to my car, but if the passenger one isnt the same ill just get the one.

Cheers

Mike

might be worth looking at the AH or Forge intercooler as well if you want to lower temps and/or increase power. Would be interesting to see the temps with just one uprated SMIC though to see if it is worth it.

The standard side mounts are fine until the car is mapped and then they just store heat because they're not big enough. They get loads of air where they are positioned and the scoopes to the fog grills are a good design.

I wouldn't bother uprating the smics just get a FMIC. If you look in my progress thread I started fitting an eBay FMIC last night. I've kept the drivers side cooler but have binned the passenger side one. This should do the job well. I am also looking into an intercooler spray kit to bring the temps down a little bit more.

The things is a proper forge front mount is like £650 where as the SMIC is only £100 it may not be as good but for a 100 quid its well worth the money. I might order 2 anyway and see if it can be made to fit on the passenger side some how, the IC's both look quite similar so might be abl to make up some brackets to hold it in place.

Cheers

Mike

The things is a proper forge front mount is like £650 where as the SMIC is only £100 it may not be as good but for a 100 quid its well worth the money. I might order 2 anyway and see if it can be made to fit on the passenger side some how, the IC's both look quite similar so might be abl to make up some brackets to hold it in place.

Cheers

Mike

Nobody mentioned the dirty "F" word mate! My whole FMIC setup is about £200 including hoses and clips.