Chris NottVolks Autos

Thread: SMIC's

Reverse Gear

Status

SMIC's

Hi,

Are both the SMIC's on the S3 the same? im thinking of getting 2 of the Turborevs uprated SMIC's and fitting then to my car, but if the passenger one isnt the same ill just get the one.

Cheers

Mike

2. # ADS
    ADS

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Nope, they are handed...

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

2nd Gear

Status
    might be worth looking at the AH or Forge intercooler as well if you want to lower temps and/or increase power. Would be interesting to see the temps with just one uprated SMIC though to see if it is worth it.
    Current

Porsche Cayman S

Gone but not forgotten
    Audi S3:Blueflame TBE; 3" blueflame downpipe; Forge 007p; jabbasport custom map; Badger 5 TIP v1, various bushes, N249 Bypass, Stack Boost Gauge, Junior GT Brembo brakes, tarox 2 part discs, DS2500's

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status
    The standard side mounts are fine until the car is mapped and then they just store heat because they're not big enough. They get loads of air where they are positioned and the scoopes to the fog grills are a good design.

I wouldn't bother uprating the smics just get a FMIC. If you look in my progress thread I started fitting an eBay FMIC last night. I've kept the drivers side cooler but have binned the passenger side one. This should do the job well. I am also looking into an intercooler spray kit to bring the temps down a little bit more.
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

2nd Gear

Status
    will take at look at that
    Current

Porsche Cayman S

Gone but not forgotten
    Audi S3:Blueflame TBE; 3" blueflame downpipe; Forge 007p; jabbasport custom map; Badger 5 TIP v1, various bushes, N249 Bypass, Stack Boost Gauge, Junior GT Brembo brakes, tarox 2 part discs, DS2500's

Reverse Gear

Status
    The things is a proper forge front mount is like £650 where as the SMIC is only £100 it may not be as good but for a 100 quid its well worth the money. I might order 2 anyway and see if it can be made to fit on the passenger side some how, the IC's both look quite similar so might be abl to make up some brackets to hold it in place.

Cheers

Mike

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mikekean View Post
    The things is a proper forge front mount is like £650 where as the SMIC is only £100 it may not be as good but for a 100 quid its well worth the money. I might order 2 anyway and see if it can be made to fit on the passenger side some how, the IC's both look quite similar so might be abl to make up some brackets to hold it in place.

Cheers

Mike
    Nobody mentioned the dirty "F" word mate! My whole FMIC setup is about £200 including hoses and clips.
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    AH Fabs...
    A H Fabrications

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...