Movit front discs need replacing

Ashley g

Reaction score
I've got Porsche front calipers on My S3 with Movit 2 piece front discs. They're fantastiic brakes but the front discs need replacing sometime soon.
Question is, where can I buy replacements? I've got a feeling that they're going to be expensive so is there any other discs I can use instead. I think they're about 340 mm in diameter.

Cheers in advance!

Ash

Yep i had movit setup on mine.. 342mm if i remember rightly and 400 quid ea plus vat...

I even gave a disc to a guy who deals with every brake supplier and couldnt match it up.. so they went on ebay..

Now running standard setup at min and have to pray alot when trying to stop!!!!!!!!!!! lol

No way I'm paying that!! Could I use a different size disc with some different caliper brackets? Maybe a slightly smaller disc?

Could you not use some leon cupra R 323mm discs? Are they a different offset? maybe brackets or spacers could rectify this?

I probably could bit I'd need different caliper brackets to mount the calipers further in if that makes sense??!!

just changed the discs on my mates s3 with movit front brakes, but his were only 322mm, leon cupra r 323mm discs went straight on with the only issue being they are only 28mm thick where as movit were 32mm, no spacing required though, he was quoted about £900 for new discs from kim collins

Cool, does He have porsche calipes? I'm pretty sure mine are 996 calipers. I'll be removing a disc sometime this week to measure up!

his are porsche ye, not sure on the exact model they were from though, when he was looking for pads he was told they were porsche callipers

I've got Porsche front calipers on My S3 with Movit 2 piece front discs. They're fantastiic brakes but the front discs need replacing sometime soon.
Question is, where can I buy replacements? I've got a feeling that they're going to be expensive so is there any other discs I can use instead. I think they're about 340 mm in diameter.

Cheers in advance!

Ash

Ashley I've got a similar setup that was done by AMD years ago. Mine are 993 Turbo calipers and discs with a modified bell. I recently replaced both discs and pads and got the discs from Eurocarparts. About £400 for both discs. You simply remove the bell that comes with the discs and refit your original bell. They are expensive but cheaper than you've been quoted.

Thanks for the info! You don't remember what make the discs were do you? I work in a garage and use ECP quite a bit. Also, do you know what year the993 needs to be?
Will prob strip off the front discs and do some measuring within the next couple of days.

Thanks for the info! You don't remember what make the discs were do you? I work in a garage and use ECP quite a bit. Also, do you know what year the993 needs to be?
Will prob strip off the front discs and do some measuring within the next couple of days.

This link for the left front:
OEM Porsche | Euro Car Parts UK’s No.1 Car Parts Retailer

This link for the right front:
OEM Porsche | Euro Car Parts UK’s No.1 Car Parts Retailer

These are exactly the same as what was fitted to my car. You don't need the drilled design but hey it looks good and these are so much cheaper than QST or Porsche. Bill and Tufty fitted mine and did have to give the original bells a damn good clean so that it mated up well to the rotor. The Pagid pads are ok but you could do better with EBC redstuff or similar. Hope this helps?

They look very similar yes. The website doesn't tell you any more info on each disc which is a shame but on ECP's website only the turbo discs have bells. I presume the turbo ones are thicker than the originals on this website which allows for the difference in price - more expensive than ECP though? Do you have bells on your Movit discs? If you do then unless the pattern is different you should be able to swap your's over.

At £79 each, they're cheaper than ECP!

Ashley those aren't for a 993 Turbo. Check with the website whether the thickness is the same as the turbo discs as I couldn't find out on their website. If they are identical in size and the difference in price is purely the material then they're definitely worth a go. Unlike ECP's website, these discs also have bells so a straight swap for your's should be possible. On the ECP website the only discs they sell that have bells are for the 993 turbo. I'd be interested to hear what's the difference between the two?