Halfords Advanced Antifreeze?

I've always wondered about the the G12++ stuff, since my S3 is still using it, I will just keep using it, but my Passat TDI at some point was changed to blue coolant, and there's been no running issues, even after 182k miles! So what benefit is the G12 stuff apart from being pinky orange and expensive?

Audi have a big mark-up on their G12 thats why they sell it, its all about profit, but its good stuff, if your engine is on it then continue using it, or flush and use Halfords which is well within spec and cheaper, just my take on this...

DC

I wouldnt mix anything with the G12 as I understand it goes funny and clogs waterways etc rendering you engine scrap. maybe an old wives tale and Im sure badger Bill or Tuftybloke or one of the other Gurus can shed some light on it.

I wouldnt mix anything with the G12 as I understand it goes funny and clogs waterways etc rendering you engine scrap. maybe an old wives tale and Im sure badger Bill or Tuftybloke or one of the other Gurus can shed some light on it.

I'm not using it as a top up mate.

My thermostat needs changing......lol

Would i need a 50/50 mix of 5L ?

It says it complies with "VW (TL774D)" Which to you or I is G12.

G12+ is aka TL774F

It'll be fine, but TBH i'd go find a local motorfactors and buy some from there instead as halfords really rip you off.

It says it complies with "VW (TL774D)" Which to you or I is G12.

G12+ is aka TL774F

It'll be fine, but TBH i'd go find a local motorfactors and buy some from there instead as halfords really rip you off.

Thanks mate but the spares shops near me will try and sell me any antifreeze they have, At least i know the halfords one is ok ;)

I forgot i have access to autodata......lol

If anyone else needs to know it is 5 litres of coolant that the aum holds ;)

Comma G40 is made by BASF and it is the same as G12++. Worth flushing out the system before changing over if your old stuff is pink (G30 same as G12/G12+) although they all are mixable apparently. If you're diluting it, it's best to used distilled water as recommended by Comma.

Last edited: