New Audi S3 owner, welcome thread

Dan-Jnr

Reaction score
Hello.

My name is Dan, and have recently purchased a 2002 Negaro Blue S3 through a private sale.
It has done 98k and had a brand new engine under warranty from Audi at 74k with FSH and last two owners being female. The car was perfect, very well looked after, maintained, its like driving a new car.

audi_s3_front.jpg

audi_s3_side.jpg

audi_s3_6.jpg

Previously cars I have owned:

1995 Peugeot 106 Rallye (standard apart from being lowered).

IMG-20110407-00152.jpg

1998 Peugeot 106 GTI (200BHP Individual Throttle Bodied engine).

SL387691.JPG

I decided on getting an S3 as I was fed up with fixing the 106's week in week out for over 5 years. The Rallye was my daily drive, but the GTI was my track car so went through quite a bit of thrashing. I wanted something refined, sporty, and well built so it was time to change.

I am keen track go'er, and have been to the 'ring a couple of years ago. I look forward to spending some time on the forum. Looks like a place with a wealth of information available at my finger tips.

that paintwork looks like a gleaming mirror. Hope your not going to spoil it by putting it on the race track regularly....note I said regularly !

You give Nogaro Blue S3's a good name.

Welcome bud! :)

I know the previous owner of your S3 and i have to say that you've bagged yourself a clean car!

that paintwork looks like a gleaming mirror. Hope your not going to spoil it by putting it on the race track regularly....note I said regularly !

You give Nogaro Blue S3's a good name.

Wont be tracking this any time soon, possibly just the 'ring. Planning to share a track car with a few friends in the near future.

Welcome bud! :)

I know the previous owner of your S3 and i have to say that you've bagged yourself a clean car!

They were a lovely couple, was great dealing with them.

welcome to the forum i know what you mean about the 106 thing got rid of mine last year for the audi

Welcome to the site
In five and a half years of S3 ownership it has never let me down so good choice.

lol, i wrote something similar once....

January 2011...

mines a daily driver, 50mile round trip commute, nothing gone wrong with her. Yes, this is a forum where people come to discuss moding or problems with their cars. Not many people write about how their commute to work was as uneventful as ever like myself. But here we go.

This morning i got up, late again! So i jumped in my car started her up first time. Started my commute, she warmed up. And then i raped her all the way to work. And then i got out of the car with a big smile on my face until i saw the front door of the office, and thought just 8.5 hours until i get to drive all the way back and live happily ever after with my S3 Been doing this for a little over 2 years now and all is well

+ 1 month

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-forum-8l-chassis/114131-s3-gearbox-problem-breakdown.html

Beautiful colour and lovely combination on the seats, suit the car perfectly....

I have the same seats in mine....

Welcome to the site :)