S3 short shifters

S3_nick

Reaction score
Hi guys ive got both front to back and left to right short shifters to fit to my S3 is there any cable adjustment required or is it just the adjustment on the units them self, also had a quick look dost look to bad of a job but would be nice for some feedback from someone thats done them are the easy to do? the units i have got are compbrake ones any one got them installed on theres?

Hi guys ive got both front to back and left to right short shifters to fit to my S3 is there any cable adjustment required or is it just the adjustment on the units them self, also had a quick look dost look to bad of a job but would be nice for some feedback from someone thats done them are the easy to do? the units i have got are compbrake ones any one got them installed on theres?

I have the compbrake front to back one.

First off you will need to lift up the gear leaver gaitor and make a small slot in the rubber on the left hand side. Under the rubber there is a small hole that you need to poke a long nail down when the stick is in the neutral position. This will lock the gar linkage in position while you then fit the short shifter kit.

Once the kit is fitted you will probably need to adjus the cable slightly. There is a little bit on the end of the cable where it fits to the quick shifter that lets you adjust it. There should be some instructions with the kit anyway.

cheers guys looks pretty easy :) and nah no instructions came with the kit :(

Nick think you should sell me the short shifters :).

fitted :D wow cant beleave how much better it is and was so easy to fit took me 20 mins if that!
Dani_B19 go on compbrakes web site get them order highly recomend them! gear box feels so much tighter ive set mine up to the shortest throw it will go and its perfect!

Could someone please measure the adjustment length (the oval hole) of short shifter? I`m going to drill another hole to get my DIY short shifter but dont know how far I should make the new hole..

And how the leather (or is it rubber) boot under the shift knob get off? Dont want to make any holes for it to get the cable adjustment done..