Pancake Pipe Replacement...

Wizza

Reaction score
Now I would have said the pancake pipes are quite heavy unit hence why this;

0000350.jpg

Was cable-tied to the braket you can see which is used to support the SMIC I presume (before I cut it down due to how it looked previously). Won't go into it but basically I'm gonna reuse cable ties as a temporay measure to resupport it as it does wobble a lot and 'hang-down' as so to say due to the weight.

Now I'm just wondering is there a metal tubing you can purcahse which will replace the pancake pipe or some decent way of supporting this to replace the bracket you can see. I also want to change the boost pipe which connects the pancake pipe to the charge pipe. Seen these in the boost pipe kits you can buy (shown below in top left hand corner of picture) but because I'm not running SMIC two of the pipes would be useless;

Awesome - Forge Silicon Turbo Hose Kit 1.8T 150

Cheers for advice if any of that makes sense lol

I've got a eurojet racing pancake replacement pipe on my daily, along with an agu charge pipe as the clips are better than later aum charge pipes which are prone to leaking.
Google the eurojet pancake replacement :) it's a good bit of kit.

The standard pancake pipe isn't heavy though, it's alloy and weighs absolutely feck all!

Hmm might just be because of where the pancake pipe is bolted into place, causing it to need the support at the point above (if you follow me).

Wil have a butchers Prawn - cheers for the info. I noticed on the AUM engine the boost pipe bwteen the charge pipe and pancake pipe wears over time quite badly.

You got a picture of the AGU set-up :)

the pipe between the pancake and charge pipe also joins with one of those stupid O-ring and clip joints, which get so lose and leak over time.

The AGU charge pipe is identical in shape and size, but has proper fixings a-la old school, flared pipe ends and a jubilee clip :)

Ah I got what you mean mate - something to have a look into it. Will go get a picture of the state of my joins now. I think it's faired worse at the pancake pipe end (more movement at this point perhaps because the pancake pipe is in a fixed location?)