Quite Happy With My Own Induction Kit Mod.(pics)

rlc1985

top gear
Reaction score
P110617_130150.jpg

Have had my Ram-Air Induction kit on the car for a few months, without the standard air box on and i think there might be a slight power loss prob's down to engine heat. And i know people do diy heatshield's and some people on here have mentioned you can't get a cone filter in the standard box without hacking it to pieces, i think that my mod's quite a decent idea back on car seems to be more responsive and less noisey. Let me know what you think.

P110617_120540.jpg

I started off with the standard air filter box and took both the plastic attachments, adaptor's off the top and bottom of the box that just clip and slide out, the circular adaptor at the top of the airbox i removed and cut the end off so i could slip my ram-air filter over it. For the bottom of the air box i removed that plastic adaptor all together.

How come you never just put an performance panel filter in there?

nice 4" air duct going to that will help a lil

P110617_120637.jpg

Cut off, it slipped onto the air filter quite nice after tighten the jubilee clip. I then slid the plastic adaptor back onto the air filter box had some differcultie but got in on, i found the best way was to put the adaptor back on first then slide the air filter over and tighten up the jubilee clip. Looked ok.

P110617_123120.jpg

P110617_123059.jpg

Had to push on at a slight angle for it to fit, and the filter was now at the top of the air filter box, so i ran my cold feed from the wing of the car through the standard box put a slight curve in it to sit nicely under the filter.

I know people might suggest just installing a panel filter but i already had the cone filter and it was a quick easy mod with buying any attachments.

maybe slight nothing major also why dont you smooth the airbox out will get better airflow alsoif the cone is enclosed in the airbox

Did actually start smoothing the bottom as you can see in the top pic and got rid of that adaptor can't see much changing by just smoothing that top part but i could be wrong, i think it would only prob benefit having a panel filter though because how the air prob's circulates round that.

good work but that filter looks small or is the jetex just massive? lol

think jetex filter is twice the size of that it is a small filter but the jetex 1 take the P!ss lol

superkarl, i'm not sure about that cause alot of people change from panel filters to cone filters. That aren't as big as there standard panelfilter's. Alot of peep's on this thread must be assuming the filter i have on is small, but when the box wern't covering it, it looked quite large in the engine bay. And there must be a difference with using the cone filters or there wouldnt be a market for them.

looks cool but might be a bit small only a power run old vs new will tell