Mot failure same as last year?!

mephisto

Reaction score
Car in being fixed at moment along with replacement gearbox. I asked them to MOT at same time.

Was told the ABS light was on the dash (wasn't when i started the car the previous morning, although i couldn't move the car) and a rear coild spring had broken, and another ABS sensor exactly a year later.

Now that's strange because when i looked up the mot from last year, the same faults reported, and this was the same MOT station.

Should i be suspicious!? I certainly dont recollect there being any clonking or noise from the rear nor did i notice any drop in ride height. Is it a common thing on S3's around this age (2000).

Last edited:
Ask to see the coil once its off.. You will soon tell if its a snap or if its been cut.

Thanks chaps, yep popped down and it was the OSR spring which has failed now, was NSR last time. Oh well, if i hadn't just shelled out a grand on a replacement gearbox + and corroded mounting brackets, DM flywheel, clutch kit + ABS sensor etc i may of had some change for a new decent suspension kit, ouch!