Broken Dipstick Tube

Reaction score
When i was refitting my manifold i managed to snap my dipstick tube, lucky i have a replacement. The only thing is i cant get the bottom off. Its snapped right at the bottom where it joins to the metal pipe any ideas how to get it off please..

i struggled even with long nose pliars, it needs to go on a ramp im affraid easy then from underneath.

Ok sO I've managed to get the old dip stick tube off but I've dropped a little peice of plastic down into the sump. Will this be a sump off jobby?

Depends how big it was. You should be OK but if it was me I'd drop the sump to get it our and clean the pick-up whilst you're there. When I replaced mine I was paranoid about this happening so I made sure I stuffed a rag in the hole before pulling the last bit out with pliers.

That's a good idea wish I'd thought of that. It was only about 5mm square. I took the sump off a few weeks back and cleaned out the pick up pipe but I'll prob do it again just to make sure but I need my car this weekend and have no free time to do it till the weekend after. Hope it's gonna be ok

You may be ok Stace, as when the Oil heats up, it will eventually dissolve...