Drive shaft problems? with pictures???

MURRAYS444

Reaction score
Get this really annoying noise as if something is rubbing when driving it even happens when I have drove to the speed limit and put it in to neutral think it could be something to do with the drive shaft I got home and got the car on the ramps found some metal fillings and the bolt was loose. Here is the pictures I took

026.jpg

024.jpg

023.jpg

022.jpg

021.jpg

Anybody got any idea it would be most appreciated!!!

Cheers Karl have you any idea the fitting for it as I think its one of those Audi only heads!

I'm pretty sure it is an Audi fitment I'm not going to drive it much until its fixed tho!

Is it not just a 12 point bolt?. looks around 13mm,
Most old imperial stuff is 12point so raid your father/ grandfathers toolbox for a 1/2" lol

It is a 12 point socket, 10mm size. Recently did mine. I would suggest replacing the bolt too. Part number is: N 905 897 02

Is that the driveshaft?.
It looks like the prop coupling in the pics.

It is the propshaft connecting to the transfer box, think he knows that but he just said drive shafts by accident.

It is the propshaft connecting to the transfer box, think he knows that but he just said drive shafts by accident.

sorry guys got a wee bit mixed up cheers for the part number Andy I think I might have sheered one on the bolts off as there was a lot of metal fillings below!:unsure:

Got a wee update on my car, its sat on my drive for two weeks :mad: got working on it just now after buying the right tool to tighten the loose bolt up. I got that done and the horrible noise I was getting before seems to have gone so I think i have fixed it the only annoying thing is that I have also bought 12 torque bolt to replace the old ones :keule: I'll keep an eye on it and I might take it to the garage to get it looked over for piece of mind!

My drive shaft popped out last month on the m6 mate got the AA out they tightened it up and away I went, took it to the garage just to get checked and also the other side was on it's way out, new bolts and locktight inserted and it's been fine since

Yeah mate I'm constantly checking mine now being honest mate I caked my pants when it happened lol

Lock tight is a good idea. If my memory serves me right wellys kept coming loose and it did his head in
Yeah just taken it out again and the bolt has came loose again its gonna have to go to the garage I think the more power you give the car makes the bolt work itself loose I've got new bolts but I can't get enough access to take the old ones out!!!

My drive shaft popped out last month on the m6 mate got the AA out they tightened it up and away I went, took it to the garage just to get checked and also the other side was on it's way out, new bolts and locktight inserted and it's been fine since
Well im going to book the car in how much did it cost for the garage to replace and tighten the bolts I've got the bolts just need the work done?

Not sure mate because I was getting my cambelt & waterpump done 2 days after I done it so I told them while it was there £260 all in, but a rekon it won't be that much half hr job if that £40 Nicker at the most I'd guess

Not sure mate because I was getting my cambelt & waterpump done 2 days after I done it so I told them while it was there £260 all in, but a rekon it won't be that much half hr job if that £40 Nicker at the most I'd guess
Cheers mate its doing my head in I'll book the car in next week!

Hi Just an update the car has been fixed and I pick it up tomorrow the doughnuts were ok and had all the bolts replaced. Just can't wait to get the car back I don't think i'm going to sleep tonight with the excitement!!!