It just doesn't feel right, any ideas?

wolfy1988

Reaction score
The car in question is my OHs car, it's a 2001 1.6 A3.

Now , it feels sluggish to me (yes I know it only has 102 bhp) its just that it feels lethargic, like its pulling a trailer.

The emissions light is on and I got someone to plug it into a VAGCOM, basically it came down to the temp sensor being snapped, pushed it back on, reset fault codes but the light came back on a few days later.

Pulling away from the lights, there is a slight delay where the car bogs down and the revs drop below idle then accelerates OK, I think its gutless, she thinks its fine! so she ends up slipping the clutch, just a little to get it going smoothly (more so than any other car I have driven)

Coil pack issue? I phoned Audi to see if it was covered under the recall but alas no.

Is it just a case of me being used to more powerful cars?

Also OT, the car has done 94k miles, is it time for a suspension freshen up? as it seems to be crashing over theses Irish pot holes and on a couple of occasions it has squealed it front tires at (what I would call) normalish speeds? its wearing P6000s

Any help would be much appreciated boys and girls!

J

Last edited:
yes it is the case of you beeing used to more powerfull cars. i had a 1.6 er myself and it is gutles as you said that N/A engine just doesn't pull right.your problems with the revs coud be down to the throttle body being on its way out ,or the maf sensor can be f****d...not sure thou.and u deffo shoud change the temp sensor.