EM TuningAH Fabrications
    2nd Gear

Status

Wishbone bushes - axle stands location is annoying

Right, can't get my axle stands under the sills because the plastic is in the way and I will crack it if I put it there. Pic below

So, decided to put the stand further inside on a bolt. Sitting well there at the moment, however doesn't feel right, hence why the tyre and other jack are there still! Pic below

Anyone else reckon it's going to be alright there while I take the wishbones off?

Also, was only going to to the front bush on the front wishbone. Should I have ordered the rear to do all in one? Will the other ones be ok? Car is on 102k miles
    Current

Porsche Cayman S

Gone but not forgotten
    Audi S3:Blueflame TBE; 3" blueflame downpipe; Forge 007p; jabbasport custom map; Badger 5 TIP v1, various bushes, N249 Bypass, Stack Boost Gauge, Junior GT Brembo brakes, tarox 2 part discs, DS2500's

2. # ADS
    ADS

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    NO NO NO lol, put the stands on the square rails, you can see it just to the left of the jacking point in the second pic.
    I see your stands have more of a v shap to them, theyre not flat so can't really jack a flat surface well, thats tricky.
    Are your rear bushes split or cracked? mine were goosed after 130k, like totally buggered
    Last edited by superkarl; 12th June 2011 at 14:43.

2nd Gear

Status
    How about this Karl...
    Current

Porsche Cayman S

Gone but not forgotten
    Audi S3:Blueflame TBE; 3" blueflame downpipe; Forge 007p; jabbasport custom map; Badger 5 TIP v1, various bushes, N249 Bypass, Stack Boost Gauge, Junior GT Brembo brakes, tarox 2 part discs, DS2500's

2nd Gear

Status
    Current

Porsche Cayman S

Gone but not forgotten

2nd Gear

Status
    The rear bush looks like it has come out a bit. Only seen one side at the moment. I'm going to have to get some rears this week And attack it next weekend. OEM is the usual recommendation for those, or shall I powerflex?
    Current

Porsche Cayman S

Gone but not forgotten

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    That's the place to jack yes, mine was stood for about a month on those jacking points with me yanking on bolts.
    Id change them if I were you, if you have access to a press or even a vice.
    I went for solid tt ones on the rear, as i thought poly wouldve been to hard for a bush with as much movement as that one (all other bushes just rotate on an axis through them, these have side to side movement) that was my theory anyway.

2nd Gear

Status
    Interesting theory. My dad has a vice so ok there. Will get the tt ones on order tomorrow. Cheers for ure help
    Current

Porsche Cayman S

Gone but not forgotten

2nd Gear

Status
    You can see how the rear bush is coming out - knackered

Current

Porsche Cayman S

Gone but not forgotten

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    Exactly what mine was like! Have you seen my thread?
    I bet that bush will fall out once the wishbone is off