has anyone ever been brave with the cars?

ja3mie

A3 1.8t Quattro Sport!
Reaction score
as above, anyone done anything different? thought stuff the usual way of modding things?

my old polo.. i took that to the next level of modding and some people hate it, but most people loved it!

DSC00215-1.jpg

14122009043.jpg

DSC00362-1.jpg

DSC00356.jpg

DSC00352.jpg

o how i loved being low...

DSC00321.jpg

DSC00320.jpg

and yes... it was a daily driver! lol

DSC00273.jpg

DSC00214.jpg

so.. anything you guys have done?

bright colours? random anything? :)

when i had my Corsa C i retrimmed the inside in camo material
PICT0344.jpg

PICT0369.jpg

i also retrimmed the clock front in camo aswell to get rid of the blue (no pic on photobucket)

Jesus what a heap of junk!! Did you post pics on barryboys?

b608eaee715c0de7745302e576667ce6.jpg

6fb6fafaba887ee7972547e880553d30.jpg

I frickin love your polo! Well done for pushin the boundaries!
I was going to have the superman emblem on my centre caps, but I dont think an s3 could pull that off. A 'heap' of an a3 maybe :p but it'd prob be tacky on the s3.

Last edited:
see what i mean.. some hate it.. MOST love it.. no one thinks its "ok" lol its one or the other lol

im thinking of going a but crazy with my a3.

hmmm :p

also, the best thing about the polo...

the 1.0 badges... that suprised a few people too! lol

1.4 16v running 126bhp.. in a stripped out polo running 13s with low profiles! the acceleration was crazy! lol

wow thats a real sleeper you had there:unsure:

I dont think that'l go down too well on here, as i think most are into proper styling instead of covering it with stickers. Wouldnt be caught dead in it, sorry dude

well put it this way, it was quicker (by a fair bit) than my 180bhp TQS lol

This is my younger brother's hobbie car i think it's quite qurky :laugh: And i think he gives you a run for your money on the lowering part ;)

eoin1.jpg

eoinsound.jpg

eoin2.jpg

He also has this for the summer and never leaves the house without a bale of hay in the back!

eoincaddy.jpg

Last edited:
yes! Ja3mie. I've been brave with my previous car (1.6 A3 8l ) ,which was my kind of ''experiment/test'' car before going for the real thing.when i uploaded some pics almost everyone in here (asn) slated/hated me for it.

that arosa is LOW! lol

air bags?

cheers Jojo!

No m8 angle grinder as far as i know! lol it's not worth putting airbags on her as it's not worth that much, more for show than anything else, its a hell of an uncomfortable ride but fun! :puke2:

an pics tomas? cut springs ftw...

the polo had over a grands worth of coilovers on it.. car wasnt even worth that at the time of being fitted haha

What everyone likes in terms of styling is different, but its fair to say that people into Audi's tend towards more subtle mods.

For example Tomas, i dont mind the red and black paintwork on your old car, but imo the rear lights, spoiler and wheels all shout "halfords chav with a corsa/saxo/clio" to me. There is no coherence with the design, and it looks like you've just selected a pile of random parts and thrown them at the car without any thaught to the overall look. For instance you've fitted some blacked out headlights, which goes with the paintwork, but then installed chrome lexus lights on the back, which matches nothing. The bodykit doesnt suit the car either although it doesnt jump out as much as the other mods, again looking at the overall car, its very rounded and swoopy, but the bodykit has large flat expanses and the rear bumper has a very sharp curve at the top, so it just clashes with the rest of the body panels.

IMO this is the biggest mistake that young guys seem to make. I can appreciate a well modified car, even if its not to my own personal taste, however often its not well modified, doesnt flow together and simply looks plain wrong, either because they've tried to do too much with too little budget ending up with an awful finish, or not looked at the car as a whole and designed the modifications to compliment the whole design rather than fight against it. They seem to dive in wanting to make a "one-off" and go totally mental throwing all sorts of tat at the car trying to make it look as different as possible, whereas some well executed mods would end up with a car thats just as unique, but just doesnt look rubbish.

An old Corsa I had had the most money thrown at it out of any car I've had.

I won't post pics of it, as these days I do think it was a bit much. Full bodykit etc etc etc.

Although it wasn't your typical all show and no go motor, she had a Redtop in it running 210+ bhp after I had tuned the nuts out of it.

Also, managed to fit an Astra MK2 digi dash into it, which was epic. I LOVED that dash, looked so so cool.

corsa1.jpg

corsa2.jpg

my audi is questionable...as are my photography skills

IMG_20110321_072524.jpg

and my 72 beetle. standard when i got it.

22March20073.jpg

P9220110.jpg

Know a lad who has done soemthing similar with his front wing on a Polo. I quite like it TBH.

End of the day we were all young once and modifying tastes have changed over time. But problem is most people follows trends hence why there are so many bad opinions about cars being 'different' these days.

did you ever finish the beetle ???

its now painted but has sat in my garage for the last 2 years as i am doing up my house and building an extension. i'll pick it up again one day...

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-forum-8l-chassis/41132-post-pics-your-a3-s3-44.html
I admit it wasn't the best a3 (seen worse in my short life) but didn't expected to be slated/hated sooo much for this effort.
- note: almost the bottom of page You''ll see when u get there :D (red black theme)ohh and btw the car was running on standart suspension when the pic was taken (thats why it looks like a tractor) :D

I copied some of ur pics so peeps can see your car TOMAS. I like the front just werent keen on the back. Would have been better lowered without the black stripe, spoiler and lexus lights

SDC12413.jpg

SDC12376.jpg

I copied some of ur pics so peeps can see your car TOMAS. I like the front just werent keen on the back. Would have been better lowered without the black stripe, spoiler and lexus lights

yeah... now looking back,youre right. black tailights and coilies woud do the thing.
I woud probably still keep the stripe at the back (just wider)

Last edited by a moderator:
An old Corsa I had had the most money thrown at it out of any car I've had.

I won't post pics of it, as these days I do think it was a bit much. Full bodykit etc etc etc.

Although it wasn't your typical all show and no go motor, she had a Redtop in it running 210+ bhp after I had tuned the nuts out of it.

Also, managed to fit an Astra MK2 digi dash into it, which was epic. I LOVED that dash, looked so so cool.

corsa1.jpg

corsa2.jpg

my old nova had the digi dash in it, was so cool being in such a retro car!!

this was how it was when i sold it, was my pride and job, fully stripped out, xe in it....

Howitstoodwhenisoldit.jpg

Then some pikey got his hands on it, put some gash wheels and seats in it and got a magazine feature!!

IMG_2237.jpg

gutted about the pikey getting the feature! he even colour coded the wheels to your cage! lol

^^^I like the wheels on it in the magazine feature BUT getting a magazine feature from a car you didn't build yourself is very low life.

tell me about it, I knew the bloke too, most of the feature was lies, claiming false bhp etc.
o well! you live and learn!

My other cars gets a few double-takes from pedestrians!

MidgetAug2010.jpg

I think i'll be removing the stripes and putting these wheels on soonish:

4_spoke_modular_bcl.jpg

Opinions?

Stripes are cool mate!

But with those wheels, obviously it may be too much going on so i can see where you are coming from