Monster MotorsportEM Tuning
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    S3 TAM's Avatar
    Pocket now empty

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    London & Hertfordshire
    Posts
    621

    Boost & ME7 = :-)

    Hi Guys,

    as some of you know i had revo stage 2 software loaded on yesterday.
    on the way home my boost gauge was reading 27-28 PSI which i thought is abit much and also my clutch started slipping when at that amount of boost.

    I have downloaded ME7 and turned the boost down to 95% the boost gauge is now peaking 21 and holding 19 - 20, also my clutch has stopped slipping. yey.

    I might try 96 and 97% later on to see what the gauge reads.

    Do you guys think i need a new clutch or was it to much torque for the clutch to handle?

    Do i need to adjust the fueling with the revo sps box as the boost is down?

    What would the right amount of boost be for stage 2 map? i.e. peak and hold..
    Revo Stage 2 with all the Gear
    BHP = 274 / Torque = 293




  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Westy's Avatar
    Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Cambridgeshire sometimes Hertfordshire
    Posts
    17,282
    We might actually get some work done if we stop popping out to the car park to mess around with our car settings
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread







  4. #3
    Welly's Avatar
    VX220 SC Driver :)

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    10,695
    Quote Originally Posted by S3 Baby View Post
    Hi Guys,

    as some of you know i had revo stage 2 software loaded on yesterday.
    on the way home my boost gauge was reading 27-28 PSI which i thought is abit much and also my clutch started slipping when at that amount of boost.

    I have downloaded ME7 and turned the boost down to 95% the boost gauge is now peaking 21 and holding 19 - 20, also my clutch has stopped slipping. yey.

    I might try 96 and 97% later on to see what the gauge reads.

    Do you guys think i need a new clutch or was it to much torque for the clutch to handle?

    Do i need to adjust the fueling with the revo sps box as the boost is down?

    What would the right amount of boost be for stage 2 map? i.e. peak and hold..
    My stock clutch has taken for the last 7 months 300+ ftlbs, and currently is 330. Might be time for a new one bud.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson





  5. #4
    s3dave's Avatar
    TFSI Hybrid

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    west yorks
    Posts
    10,121
    I did a full rev launch a few month ago and my car stood still, and clutch smoke everywhere, months later it still pulls like a train...go figure ....

  6. #5
    Welly's Avatar
    VX220 SC Driver :)

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    10,695
    Quote Originally Posted by s3dave View Post
    I did a full rev launch a few month ago and my car stood still, and clutch smoke everywhere, months later it still pulls like a train...go figure ....
    Same, I did exactly that. Whoops. I told myself I would never do that again.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson





  7. #6
    s3dave's Avatar
    TFSI Hybrid

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    west yorks
    Posts
    10,121
    westle did you have to put the vcds settings back after you finished messing with unisettings? or in other words have you tried your vcds since?

  8. #7
    Westy's Avatar
    Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Cambridgeshire sometimes Hertfordshire
    Posts
    17,282
    Quote Originally Posted by s3dave View Post
    westle did you have to put the vcds settings back after you finished messing with unisettings? or in other words have you tried your vcds since?
    See my progress thread Dave, just been out for a spin......

    I didn't need to put the setting back to use VCDS so i've left it unchecked. I think it's an ECU setting anyway.
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread







 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO