EM TuningSky Insurance
    A3 1.8t Quattro Sport!

Status

A3 Quattro 1.8t 180bhp..

as above.. where is the cat on one of these? i cant find a decat online anywhere they only seem to list one for an S3 which i beleive wont fit?

anyone have a pic of a standard cat? im thinking of knocking the insides out of mine! lol depends what there like..

thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    I think there's only one and it's mega bucks.... check out the TQS owners thread there's plenty of info in there
    1999 A3 Quattro 1.8T Pics >>HERE
    2002 A4 Avant quattro 1.9 TDi

A3 1.8t Quattro Sport!

Status
    dam! so its broomstick handle time lol its a nightmare reading through all the pages on that haha, i tried for other stuff before lol

cheers dude

3rd Gear

Status
    its the same twin cat assembly as the s3 but using 2.25" pipework instead of 2.5" like the s3 so s3 decats wont fit. the cats are pretty much directly under where the hand brake is if you wanna jack the car up and have a look.
    99' a3 quattro - k03s, carbonio cai, simota cone filter, FMIC, raceland coilovers, fully polybushed, forge TIP, forge 007p, forge coolant hose kit, forge throttle body pipe, stainless catback, brembo pads, stage one map, black angel eyes, 17" radius r3's gt28rs coming very very soon

Faster than a V12 Q7

Status
    Just get a new exhaust system downpipe to decat to back box then won't have to worry about it

3rd Gear

Status
    proper expensive for us though as theres not many available off the shelf like there is with the s3
    99' a3 quattro - k03s, carbonio cai, simota cone filter, FMIC, raceland coilovers, fully polybushed, forge TIP, forge 007p, forge coolant hose kit, forge throttle body pipe, stainless catback, brembo pads, stage one map, black angel eyes, 17" radius r3's gt28rs coming very very soon

A3 1.8t Quattro Sport!

Status
    can anyone link me too one? i cant find a single one lol cheeers

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    Does anyone make a downpipe for the TQ at all? I know you guys are all desperately searching for one, is that because you won't pay £500 for a milltek downpipe? or do tehy just not bother making one for the TQ because they're so rare?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

IF IN DOUBT GO FLAT OUT

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    Does anyone make a downpipe for the TQ at all? I know you guys are all desperately searching for one, is that because you won't pay £500 for a milltek downpipe? or do tehy just not bother making one for the TQ because they're so rare?
    only milltek s3 cat and cat back is off the shelf although you do have to change one of the rear hangers (pennies) the best option for tqs is custom made plenty of people will make custom made
    Mig performance in birmingham
    powerflow
    pipewerx

just to name a few

cost wise the off the shelf way will be more expensive than custom route

A3 1.8t Quattro Sport!

Status
    500pounds for a downpipe!!?? im taking mine of at work tommorow.. going to smash the insides out! lol

3rd Gear

Status
    Uhhh the cats aren't even restrictive mate it's the downpipe that restricts flow

5th Gear

Status
    Does anyone have any pics of a downpipe and decat fitted to a normal A3 ? Prawn ?? similar to these pics on this thread tcarbon 180 quattro downpipe install (test fit) - AudiWorld Forums that thread is of someone fitting one to a TT 180 and to be honest it dosn't look like the propshaft would get in the way that much,,,,,, maybe it wouldn't be too hard to just mod a normal A3 pipe.... need to see some detailed pics

5th Gear

Status

5th Gear

Status
    If you look at the pictures of this normal Ebay item for the A3 AUDI A3 96-03 20v 1.8T TURBO EXHAUST DOWN PIPE DECAT on eBay (end time 11-Jun-11 08:22:49 BST) the first part that bolts to the turbo looks almost identical in fitment to the 42 Draft designs version it's only the second part that looks totally different in that the Ebay item is straight and the Draft designs is "S" shaped.... perhaps you could make up the "S" shape with some flexible pipe like this 3" / 76mm Exhaust Flexible Pipe 2m Long | eBay UK would it stand up to the heat though ?? there's got to be an easier way than paying $500 stateside it's only a bit of bloody pipe

A3 1.8t Quattro Sport!

Status
    i have always been under the impression cats are VERY resrictive. i know i have had gains on all 8 of my other cars i have decatted? lol

i will see whats what when i get to work today and get it on the ramp