Anyone got a guide to replace the after run pump?

fran-s3

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi chaps,

Well after so many taps of my after run pump which worked got it working for a week it's finally given up the ghost. Looking to replace it soon as it's fairly important isn't it. But at £100+ not cheap! :(

Anyone have a guide anywhere or know how big a job it is? Looks kinda arkward and tight for space.

Cheers

PS Yes I've searched the forums before I posted but no joy!

sorry to hi-jack what colour are the wires going to the after run pump plug a picture would be great

seen as my plug as been cut off and neva used :(

sorry to hi-jack what colour are the wires going to the after run pump plug a picture would be great

seen as my plug as been cut off and neva used :(

somebody cut your after run pump plug off? So you dont have an after run pump?...oooo why would someone do that? Sorry not much help :)

Dave your a legend!!! Just bought one of those cheap bad boys, those things are 130 euro in Ireland!!! Mines been goosed since feb and the frost.

Dave your a legend!!! Just bought one of those cheap bad boys, those things are 130 euro in Ireland!!! Mines been goosed since feb and the frost.
Nice one!! let us know how you get on, further investigations reveal focus st use the same pump to, and vw jettas for the heater, so as long as you keep the audi name out we are quids in!!

It's just a Bosch pump that is used on all sorts of cars, shows how much of a mark up Audi put on parts.

somebody cut your after run pump plug off? So you dont have an after run pump?...oooo why would someone do that? Sorry not much help :)

god knows mate its there but just not plugged in can any one help thanks

Just fitted one of those ebay jobbies and it runs like a water pumping clock. Way quieter than my old one although thats prop due to it being on its way out. Its a piece of wee to change also, less than 10 min and job done.