K04 turbo, difference between APY and BAM engines?

Dubstep

Reaction score
Hi, well basically i want to put a new turbo on my S3, ive spoken to audi and there are 2 separate part numbers for the K04's, one for the APY engines and one for the BAM ect.

The question is: what is the difference between the two?
can i fit a the turbo from a BAM to my APY?

I asked the audi stealer and they couldnt tell me :( all they asked is if my car has ESP, which it does.

Any advice/help would be much appreciated.

the K04 isnt exactly a new turbo, infact it was also fitted to the C20LET vauxhall engine so it may just be a case of updated fittment, i cant see any performance gains.

i dont think you understand what im asking :/
i wish to replace my current "old/worn" K04 with a brand spanking new one.
all i wish to know is why audi use different part number for apy and bam codes, and will they fit one another?

yes you can fit one from a bam and just block the hole for the egt up

Have you not thought about getting your one reconditioned/rebuilt? Maybe cheaper.

Apy's are narrow band, have no egt.

Amk and bam are wideband and have egt's

For those that are interested, narrowband works by the air fuel mixture being lean, stoich or rich. Where wide band works on a 1-24 scale with 14.1 being stoich it's far more accurate and can be precisely tuned. Where as narrowband only knows the 3 states and adjusts accordingly.

With regards to your turbo, you need a K04-020. Which is a non egt turbo. If you have your old turbo and can only get a k0s-022 or k04-023 then you can always just plug the egt hole with a bolt. It's cheaper to get yours reconditioned. Just don't buy a cheap chinese one.