EM TuningMonster Motorsport
    Audi A-Trizzle!

Status

Anyone got a yellow spring knocking about?

Hi peeps,

Anyone got a yellow spring knocking about? The car lets a bit of boost out at top end. I wanna see if this is the actuator or the spring in my DV.

I've only got the green one in there at the mo but i hit about 20psi then it drops to 17psi after holding for a few seconds.

Just wanna test it and then ill send it back. if anyone has a spare going cheap ill just buy it. Only seen sets of all the different colours around which i dont need.

cheers peeps

Audi A3 1.8T Sport (AGU) - 2000
    Engine: Carbonio CAI/Jetex JR Hybrid Induction, Forge 007p DV, Forge TIP, Longlife S/S Custom Exhaust system, R-Tech Stage 1 Remap, Creation Motorsport Boost Pipe Kit.
    Exterior and Chassis: 18" Cades Tyrus, Euro Wipers, low on JOM Coilovers, Eibach Front & Rear ARB's, Black Angel Eye Headlights, 6000K HID's, S3 Brakes.
    For Sale PM ME - £2500 Mods Inc

2. # ADS
    ADS

S3X

Status
    I got one, PM sent
    52 plate S3 / Ming Blue / 60K / Celtic Tuning Re-Map, Allegedly 278 Bhp-256 lb/ft (not proven/no chance)

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    cheers dude will reply now

Engine: Carbonio CAI/Jetex JR Hybrid Induction, Forge 007p DV, Forge TIP, Longlife S/S Custom Exhaust system, R-Tech Stage 1 Remap, Creation Motorsport Boost Pipe Kit.
    Exterior and Chassis: 18" Cades Tyrus, Euro Wipers, low on JOM Coilovers, Eibach Front & Rear ARB's, Black Angel Eye Headlights, 6000K HID's, S3 Brakes.

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    Dunno if people already know this but looks as if the yellow spring may fix my lil issue. Since im boosting between 17-21, i dont think it can hold it.

Valve Spring color coding
    Green - 5-15 PSI
    Yellow - 15-23 PSI
    Blue - 23-30 PSI
    Red - 30 + PSI

IF IN DOUBT GO FLAT OUT

Status
    Red - 30 + PSI

who the hell i gonna use that

2nd Gear

Status
    I always fit yellow springs in 007's for mapped cars

u missed the monster white spring off the end...

my friend runs a white in his 10.7 qtr beetle
    Noggy Blue 02 plate Bam S3 281Bhp SOLD....

530+Bhp S4/RS4 now on the drive....

Howdy

Status
    Just about to try a yellow in mine, i'm boosting 27psi and still on the green!
    2001 Audi RS4 2.7 Bi-Turbo - Nogaro Blue

1975 MG Midget 1500 - Tahiti Blue

2003 Audi S3 - Dolphin Grey; SOLD!

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    yeh the green is fail beyond standard i reckon. im getting excited already but knowing my luck it wont fix it lol

S3 BAM i pinched it off the forge site the white wasnt included in the set i took it from. never even heard of it before. whats the psi usage on that?

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    Got the spring installed. Not sure if it helped my case much. Seems like its holding back too much now. Its a strange one. I might run it for a bit n see if it gets any better. No chatter though which is good. Boost is holding the same as the green so much be my actuator. I think ill probs just change it back to the green one since the boost is the same. It just feels more free with the green one.

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    Dave, it's nothing to do with your DV at all, it's the turbo!

to be honest, I'm very surprised you're hitting 20psi at all on a ko3, most arn't capable of spiking that high at all.

I'd be very surprised if it'll even hold 17psi to be honest! most will spike 16-17, and hold about 14-15 at the most. by the redline, it's likely to be down below 10psi.

if you're at or above these figures at all, then you have nothing to worry about. the tiny little ko3 simply can't keep up the flow at any higher RPM.

*picture stolen from Jardo before he flares up about it*
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveA3 View Post
    Boost is holding the same as the green so much be my actuator.
    stop chasing faults which don't exist

See above picture for explaination to boost dropping off ^^^
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    stop chasing faults which don't exist

See above picture for explaination to boost dropping off ^^^
    lol ur probably right but r-tech said my actuator had play in it a while ago. Dunno how that affects boost tho.

It holds at 17.5 but hits 20 then drops down. Think ill just service it and leave it alone.

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status

to be honest, I'm very surprised you're hitting 20psi at all on a ko3, most arn't capable of spiking that high at all.

I'd be very surprised if it'll even hold 17psi to be honest! most will spike 16-17, and hold about 14-15 at the most. by the redline, it's likely to be down below 10psi.

if you're at or above these figures at all, then you have nothing to worry about. the tiny little ko3 simply can't keep up the flow at any higher RPM.

LOL

BÜBENGRÖPEN

Status
    I need to get a yellow spring myself. Phoned Awesome GTi earlier to see if they have any. IIRC you can buy the full spring kit for a mere £10

I'm gonna phone them later as they need to check if they have any in stock and individual price
    Kristian
    No longer an Audi driver...

IF IN DOUBT GO FLAT OUT

Status

is this garrets new turbo where size doesnt matter lmao

The stigs ugly brother

Status
    Hey lads, iv got a seemingly standard engine that has no remap of what im aware and i thought id have another play with my 007p, so i put an extra flat round metal plate and the red spring that came with the dv. All works grand, feels alot sharper on and off the throttle. The red spring is shorter and seems abit springier than the yellow one i had fitted?