Anyone got a yellow spring knocking about?

DaveA3

Audi A-Trizzle!
Reaction score
Hi peeps,

Anyone got a yellow spring knocking about? The car lets a bit of boost out at top end. I wanna see if this is the actuator or the spring in my DV.

I've only got the green one in there at the mo but i hit about 20psi then it drops to 17psi after holding for a few seconds.

Just wanna test it and then ill send it back. if anyone has a spare going cheap ill just buy it. Only seen sets of all the different colours around which i dont need.

cheers peeps

Dunno if people already know this but looks as if the yellow spring may fix my lil issue. Since im boosting between 17-21, i dont think it can hold it.

Valve Spring color coding
Green - 5-15 PSI
Yellow - 15-23 PSI
Blue - 23-30 PSI
Red - 30 + PSI

Red - 30 + PSI

who the hell i gonna use that

I always fit yellow springs in 007's for mapped cars

u missed the monster white spring off the end...

my friend runs a white in his 10.7 qtr beetle

yeh the green is fail beyond standard i reckon. im getting excited already but knowing my luck it wont fix it lol

S3 BAM i pinched it off the forge site the white wasnt included in the set i took it from. never even heard of it before. whats the psi usage on that?

Got the spring installed. Not sure if it helped my case much. Seems like its holding back too much now. Its a strange one. I might run it for a bit n see if it gets any better. No chatter though which is good. Boost is holding the same as the green so much be my actuator. I think ill probs just change it back to the green one since the boost is the same. It just feels more free with the green one.

Dave, it's nothing to do with your DV at all, it's the turbo!

to be honest, I'm very surprised you're hitting 20psi at all on a ko3, most arn't capable of spiking that high at all.

I'd be very surprised if it'll even hold 17psi to be honest! most will spike 16-17, and hold about 14-15 at the most. by the redline, it's likely to be down below 10psi.

if you're at or above these figures at all, then you have nothing to worry about. the tiny little ko3 simply can't keep up the flow at any higher RPM.

davesko3.jpg

*picture stolen from Jardo before he flares up about it*

stop chasing faults which don't exist :angrymod:

See above picture for explaination to boost dropping off ^^^

lol ur probably right but r-tech said my actuator had play in it a while ago. Dunno how that affects boost tho.

It holds at 17.5 but hits 20 then drops down. Think ill just service it and leave it alone.

to be honest, I'm very surprised you're hitting 20psi at all on a ko3, most arn't capable of spiking that high at all.

I'd be very surprised if it'll even hold 17psi to be honest! most will spike 16-17, and hold about 14-15 at the most. by the redline, it's likely to be down below 10psi.

if you're at or above these figures at all, then you have nothing to worry about. the tiny little ko3 simply can't keep up the flow at any higher RPM.

davesko3.jpg

LOL

I need to get a yellow spring myself. Phoned Awesome GTi earlier to see if they have any. IIRC you can buy the full spring kit for a mere £10

I'm gonna phone them later as they need to check if they have any in stock and individual price :)

davesko3.jpg

is this garrets new turbo where size doesnt matter lmao

Hey lads, iv got a seemingly standard engine that has no remap of what im aware and i thought id have another play with my 007p, so i put an extra flat round metal plate and the red spring that came with the dv. All works grand, feels alot sharper on and off the throttle. The red spring is shorter and seems abit springier than the yellow one i had fitted?