Sat Nav

Nimo

Reaction score
I've seen plenty of S3's on the road and no-one seems to have this option!! I think it looks naff .... does anyone agree with me?? I would love this feature if it didn't mean loosing my centre console to a stupid TV screen. I must be mad!!!

One certificate of Stark Raving Loonyness goes to Nimo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I would have loved Sat Nav, but it's just soo expensive for the amount of times I'd use it properly. But then you'd lose the aftermarket stereo upgrade option. Ah, to have the decision would have been nice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Mark R said:

One certificate of Stark Raving Loonyness goes to Nimo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I would have loved Sat Nav, but it's just soo expensive for the amount of times I'd use it properly. But then you'd lose the aftermarket stereo upgrade option. Ah, to have the decision would have been nice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Get a doudle DIN headunit with a loooverly electronic fold out screen. They look the dogs danglies!

SatNav looks excellent IMO!

Rich

There are two versions of Sat Nav, the functionality is the same. The basic system operates through the DIS and shows little icons on the screen as well as a voice. The Sat Nav Plus system has the colour screen in the centre which can show a moving map, radio/CD functions and the optional TV/Teletext.

I was so impressed by it's function that I ordered it on my last S3 (delivery soon) and also my R32.

I've never seen it on an A3/S3 but if it is anything like the sat-nav on a certain RS6..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

Not got the audi sat nav coz its way too over priced, so i went for an after market one with a fold out screen, DVD player, DAB radio and a 12 disc changer all linked to the BOSE sound system. An absolutly invaluable piece of kit !!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

BTW if anybody wants cheap Sat Nav, this is how I did it!

1 x Road Angel (£250 off Ebay)
1 x PC Nav S/W (£50 off web) (has to be compatible with Road Angel)
1 x Radar Detector Add-in for Road Angel (£40)

Total cost £340 for GPS Camera Detection, Radar Detection and Satellite Navigation! The Nav s/w talks to you (used it to get through central Birmingham and it didn't get me lost once!) It's not as good as auto-route and not as good as full on integrated sat-nav, for for the price it's great!

(only if you have a laptop though!)

Audi_girl, I like the sound of that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Didn't realise the Road Angel GPS could be sent to a laptop for processing. V. Interesting.

Nimo, im planning on posting some picture up very very soon, just got my buried under trillions of things. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
audi girl said:
Yeah it's why I chose it - if you are coming to Buxton you can see it. Cheap and cheerful solution ! Problem with Road Angel is that it won't talk to autoroute which is a shame.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh but it will! But you need to modify some .dll or other to make it talk through the serial port at the correct speed (that's all the problem is) - I'll see if I can dig out the .dlls - what version of autoroute are you using?

Alex.

Nimo, ive posted those pics if u want to have a look at my system. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif