stripping out the rear..

ja3mie

A3 1.8t Quattro Sport!
Reaction score
hey! before people start saying the usual when this is mentioned.. this is only my weekend toy/track toy!

i have this, my sturdy steed if i want a smooth quiet ride.. and 70mpg! lol

frontt.jpg

LOL

FMIC-1.jpg

anyway... you get the idea.. so...

stripping out the rear... how heavy are the rear seats in these? im not going to go crazy, taking the lot of kinda thing! just the seats and lay some thin carpet down to keep to noise out a little and keep it looking ok ish!

any pics would be great?

cheers

ive stripped the rear in mine it didnt take long, about an hour to strip it alone i then built a false floor and here are the results#
fae275b9.jpg

78e17cfe.jpg

0ac477eb.jpg

0ecb68e8.jpg

a9be0bef.jpg

0fa2e0c0.jpg

9711edf1.jpg

6e2a62f2.jpg

1c700b40.jpg

I was wondering about this actually, do you have to declare it as a modification to insurance, as the seats aren't supposed to be removable?

yeah yo do have to declare it :(
put my insurance up by 100 quid but i think its worth it??????

that's not stripped! You've just taken the seats out man!

This is more like it:

boott.jpg

Although I've removed the beer keg, and more trim since :p

sweeet haha. i never declared a stripped out car tbh. lol

i might do this today. how easy do the seats come out? not sure if i will have the tools here or if i will have to go to work. hmmm

sweeet haha. i never declared a stripped out car tbh. lol

i might do this today. how easy do the seats come out? not sure if i will have the tools here or if i will have to go to work. hmmm
you dont need tools to take the rears out
i think its 17mm spanner for the seat belts tho????

it'll never lose the dash.

having been in one that's got no dash, it's just horrid.

Plus, legally, to be used in germany, you have to have a dash and door cards for the fear of sharp edges. without they can ban you from entering the Ring!

I will be making up some custom door cards though, retaining the 4'' strip at the top, and replacing everything below that with Carbon sheet

Dash will come out to be ligthened and wiring cut down at some point, but for now, it's staying.

I have to drive this badboy 600 miles to the ring!" need to keep some comforts.

Still LOADS of brackets and clips and things in the rear to strip out though, going to attack it one day, then paint all the exposed metal when I'm done :)

it'll never lose the dash.

having been in one that's got no dash, it's just horrid.

Plus, legally, to be used in germany, you have to have a dash and door cards for the fear of sharp edges. without they can ban you from entering the Ring!

I will be making up some custom door cards though, retaining the 4'' strip at the top, and replacing everything below that with Carbon sheet

Dash will come out to be ligthened and wiring cut down at some point, but for now, it's staying.

I have to drive this badboy 600 miles to the ring!" need to keep some comforts.

Still LOADS of brackets and clips and things in the rear to strip out though, going to attack it one day, then paint all the exposed metal when I'm done :)
its ace mate love it
whens your next trip over would love to rag my car round there

ooooo, they just clip out then? i dont think they will be in for much longer thats for sure! lol

Prawn, still not trying hard enough...

SatchellRr.jpg

^ That's Colin Satchell's 205 Hillclimb car. Was very sub 700kg I think.

My old 205 was ~750kg and awesome fun :) Quaife box + Jenvey's made it awesome.

I need some tunes on the long haul to germany man! and to aid in looking uber cool around town :racer:

lol! had a quick (i mean quick lol) look at the rear seats, i pulled the base forward so i guess i push the 2 metal prongs in to get the base of? but cant see how the rear backs come out? and to add some fun to it.. only one sides folding down! think the catch to fold it down is broke on passengers side! lol

lol! had a quick (i mean quick lol) look at the rear seats, i pulled the base forward so i guess i push the 2 metal prongs in to get the base of? but cant see how the rear backs come out? and to add some fun to it.. only one sides folding down! think the catch to fold it down is broke on passengers side! lol

On the bottom outside corners theres a retaining catch holding the bracket that is attached to the seat,
You have to push it open with a screwdriver to release the seat