Expected Stage 2 BHP/Torque?

S3 TAM

Pocket now empty
Reaction score
Getting excited girls ‘n’ guys getting my 3”DP + Decat fitted on Tuesday and going up to Revo HQ on Thursday for abit of Stage 2 software.
Just wondering what sort of figures i’ll be pushing with stage 2.
I’m guessing a 280 - 285 bhp but what torque?

If you've got a B5 tip and they can take account of it i'd be hoping for high 280's. I got 278 bhp just from bolt on and map to suit, no fmic, no dp etc. etc.

My torque dropped a bit 5-8 ftlbs to 251, I think, but the sustained torque throughout the rev range made up for it - and more! this was at 19 psi

Reactions: S3Lol
Sweet my torque is down at the min as we found out at bill's i "think" it's about 235-238ish and bhp was 250. Bill said this was down to my map.

290 I'd say as Revo is torquey

I'm just abit concerned about rods with high torque figures. i'm going to purchase a SPS box so my day 2 day driving i'll run a stage 1 then just change when i want abit more. :racer:

I'm just abit concerned about rods with high torque figures. i'm going to purchase a SPS box so my day 2 day driving i'll run a stage 1 then just change when i want abit more. :racer:

Which will be all the time then.... hehehe. I couldn't do that, I would have to have it max all the time.

Could you be the closest person to 300 on a standard ko4? Maybe! Are the stage 2 a generic map like a stage one? Wouldn't you be better getting a custom to really get the most out of it

Have we seen anyone get a stage 2 map done with all the supporting mods and Bills TIP yet?

if Dane can see 278 on a standard car, then surely 290 is possibly from a stock ko4 turbo without WMI?

Well, Dane's wasn't Stage 1 at that point in fairness, it had a map that Bill had put on it and tweaked. To say it was Stage 1 isn't quite right.

The Stage 1 map did see 270 though I think with the addition of the TIP, so Stage 2 with supporting hardware, who knows.

Last edited:
Of course everyone is assuming the K04 can deliver the air to support 290 lol...

Stage 2 mods generally make max power more sustainable... 270/280bhp region but more consistent...

<tuffty/>

Well, Dane's wasn't Stage 1 at that point in fairness, it had a map that Bill had put on it and tweaked. To say it was Stage 1 isn't quite right.

The Stage 1 map did see 270 though I think with the addition of the TIP.

I didn't say stage 1 Welly :p I said a standard car, which aside from the TIP (and rods which make no diff) it was.

I still think that if the ko4 can produce 278bhp on an otherwise standard car, regardless of mapping, that adding a decent downpipe, and decent FMIC to allow lots more timing is going to end up with a 290bhp figure

Havnt we seen MAF logs indicating over 290bhp from Sandip and Kev?

I didn't say stage 1 Welly :p I said a standard car, which aside from the TIP (and rods which make no diff) it was.

I still think that if the ko4 can produce 278bhp on an otherwise standard car, regardless of mapping, that adding a decent downpipe, and decent FMIC to allow lots more timing is going to end up with a 290bhp figure

Sorry dude, I wasn't responding directly to you, I don't know why I quoted your post at all really....

Too much caffeine I suspect. lol.

it's Ok, i forgive you Alex (muhahahaha)

if nobody else settles the debate, give me until winter, and I'll see what a stock ko4 turbo on a large port engine can produce :)

In my 1065kg car, I'm sure it'll be plenty quick enough!

Sandips K04 is a mutant lol... logic suggests its a hybrid... Kev as in yellow S3 Kev? his is hybrid too isn't it?

Small port head will determine absolute timing advance... if anything has taught me from Danes conversion work so far its that small port heads don't respond to excessive timing advance...

That exhaust mani will still get hot and I suspect EGT's will still suffer which in turn will limit the amount of timing you can add...

Pretty sure the most seen so far on Bills dyno is a tad over 280bhp... dyno lottery applies here of course... a happy dyno may well give you 290bhp... make sure you get before and after... can't use Bill's figures as a basis unless you plan to drop over :)

I'll organise another dyno day soon but GTI is at the end of the month so will wait until after that..

<tuffty/>

it's Ok, i forgive you Alex (muhahahaha)

if nobody else settles the debate, give me until winter, and I'll see what a stock ko4 turbo on a large port engine can produce :)

In my 1065kg car, I'm sure it'll be plenty quick enough!

Hell yes it will. My stock K04 (A shagged one at that) on a large port with supporting mods made 260 happily enough, and that was before the advent of the B5 TIP.

Cool well when Westle comes back from holiday i'm sure we will be back at bill's for some more runs on the rollers.

i'll wanna find out what mine pushing and i'm sure westle will as well as he is having having a new one fitting as we speak.
Turbo Dynamics said they wont be able to refub his old one as it had 3 cracks in it one went all the way through the housing. plus there were a few damaged blades. they also said it's one of the worst they have seen and surprised it was still blowing....

i'm sure westle will as well as he is having having a new one fitting as we speak.
Turbo Dynamics said they wont be able to refub his old one as it had 3 cracks in it one went all the way through the housing. plus there were a few damaged blades. they also said it's one of the worst they have seen and surprised it was still blowing....

He said about that, sounds like it wasn't pretty. That was bad map that was on it, and over a long period is likely to have done the damage. High boost and lean running. Lots of heat there.

1. Sandips K04 is a mutant lol... logic suggests its a hybrid... Kev as in yellow S3 Kev? his is hybrid too isn't it?

2. Small port head will determine absolute timing advance... if anything has taught me from Danes conversion work so far its that small port heads don't respond to excessive timing advance...

3. That exhaust mani will still get hot and I suspect EGT's will still suffer which in turn will limit the amount of timing you can add...

4. Pretty sure the most seen so far on Bills dyno is a tad over 280bhp... dyno lottery applies here of course... a happy dyno may well give you 290bhp... make sure you get before and after... can't use Bill's figures as a basis unless you plan to drop over :)

Numbered for ease:

1. Kevs is definitely standard, I'm sure his MAF readings were 235g/s. sandips, no idea!

2. Mine is an AGU large port, so that's good news :) Better flowing head and 20mm rods.

3. I'm planning on using an XS power 4 brand mani when the revised one appears, that helped welly to 340bhp, so should flow well on a stock turbo. I'll also be using the XS 3'' DP as well.

4. I will most definitely pop up to Bills when it's done :) Most probably for some rods when mine are finally spat out of the block after 200 000 + miles of abuse :)

3. I'm planning on using an XS power 4 brand mani when the revised one appears, that helped welly to 340bhp, so should flow well on a stock turbo. I'll also be using the XS 3'' DP as well.

I was only discussing this last night, for what it is and the price, that is a damn good bit of kit.

I reckon it's worth a shot for sure!

i don't think anyone has yet tried to absolutely max a ko4 with a manifold, downpipe, exhaust, 3'' TIP, the full works on a large port head yet.

I want to try it, the car does ****** all mileage, and the idea of an OEM turbo that's cheapy replaced appeals to me. If I can get anywhere near 290 I'll be chuffed to bits.

I reckon it's worth a shot for sure!

i don't think anyone has yet tried to absolutely max a ko4 with a manifold, downpipe, exhaust, 3'' TIP, the full works on a large port head yet.

I want to try it, the car does ****** all mileage, and the idea of an OEM turbo that's cheapy replaced appeals to me. If I can get anywhere near 290 I'll be chuffed to bits.

I don't think you'll be far away dude in honesty.

k04-b5mani-welded-2.jpg

:ninja:

Ive got a spare xs power job knocking about at Bill's completely unused

Ive got a spare xs power job knocking about at Bill's completely unused

It needs the strategic dent though is all.

I'm going to sell the one other one that's at Bills. Not to anyone on here, it won't be easy to fit as the flange has had loads taken off for it to become flat.... :whistle2:

Numbered for ease:

1. Kevs is definitely standard, I'm sure his MAF readings were 235g/s. sandips, no idea!

2. Mine is an AGU large port, so that's good news :) Better flowing head and 20mm rods.

4. I will most definitely pop up to Bills when it's done :) Most probably for some rods when mine are finally spat out of the block after 200 000 + miles of abuse :)

Looking forward to it :D

More so than the potential repercussions of your reply to the post I put on your FB wall... hope the missus doesn't notice that one despite it being no where near the actual figure lol...

<tuffty/>

Looking forward to it :D

More so than the potential repercussions of your reply to the post I put on your FB wall... hope the missus doesn't notice that one despite it being no where near the actual figure lol...

<tuffty/>

Oh feck I never thought of that Paul!

Do you want me to delete it~?

Oh feck I never thought of that Paul!

Do you want me to delete it~?

LMAO... might be an idea... she knows I have spent 'some' cash but that is likely to prompt one of 'those' discussions I would prefer not to be party too ;P

<tuffty/>

LMAO... might be an idea... she knows I have spent 'some' cash but that is likely to prompt one of 'those' discussions I would prefer not to be party too ;P

<tuffty/>

See, withholding the truth shall set you free....

I have much the same arrangement. It's amazing how many things actually cost 'about a tenner'.

See, withholding the truth shall set you free....

I have much the same arrangement. It's amazing how many things actually cost 'about a tenner'.

:lmfao:

Ooooh snap, and no.... :angrymod: