Volks AutosSky Insurance
    Reverse Gear

Status

Thumbs down power steering pump problem (help)

well after being abit silly in my S3 last night in a field my power steering started to only work under load on the engine ( the more revs the lighter the power steering ) i assume ive fooked the power steering pump as its still full of fluid and i dont have a leak. i was just wondering if a normal a3 pump will fit the s3 and work properly ?

2. # ADS
    ADS

colicabcadam
    no it wont, you need a pump for the s3, i had the same issue as you (but in the snow lol)

you can get one from a tt or golf r32 i believe, it was a while ago when i bought mine so i can not remember the part number....

colicabcadam
    this is the part number i ended up using.... 8N0145154A

DTM

Status
    Is your belt still good?
    2005 DTM|Quattro|Phantom black|HTA3076 turbo|Pag Parts turbo manifold|INA Engineering custom 8 injector manifold|Custom Garrett 900hp intercooler|Mahle Motorsport 83mm forged pistons|IE Tuscan forged rods|Autotech HPFP|Tial wastegate|S3 Injectors|3" Downpipe and full stainless exhaust|Stage 3 Southbend clutch|AP Coilovers|Ultra Race strut brace|H & R ARBs|Forge 6 pot calipers|Bi Xenons|Multifunction steering wheel|Memory seat|Cruise control|Power fold mirrors|Black 19" Cades Berns|235/35 Toyos