Monster MotorsportSky Insurance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Road Tax Rant!!!

needs to scratch the itch

Status

Road Tax Rant!!!

Well its that time of year again when i get mugged off by the goverbent, just taxed the car for the year for the grand sum of £260!! To top that its insurance time aswell and swift cover wanted £520!!! wtf! I dont think so, another year clean motoring, no points or claims and they put it up by £150, they can jog on! Ended up going to endsleigh for £395.

Anyway mini rant over now, just glad i dont have a BAM

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    lol amazes me how people moan about paying over £500 to insure a fast sporty car, add £900 to that and you get to what im paying for mine a year!! and its not even an s3!!! LOL

tax does take the piss though, almost as much as mot's do!
    99' a3 quattro - k03s, carbonio cai, simota cone filter, FMIC, raceland coilovers, fully polybushed, forge TIP, forge 007p, forge coolant hose kit, forge throttle body pipe, stainless catback, brembo pads, stage one map, black angel eyes, 17" radius r3's gt28rs coming very very soon

Status
    I know what your saying fella but I'm old lol, well 40 anyway and it just keeps going up and up, insurance I can just about take but road tax, that just p***es me right off, especially with the state of the UK roads, pot holes etc etc. Mot's arent really a concern as I know a friendly test station, my uncles garage lol, real test done but for the right price and any minor faults like a blown bulb will be 'sorted' for me as long as its not a safety issie.

BÜBENGRÖPEN

Status
    We already pay god knows how much on fuel duty tax so we shoudn't be paying road tax. Utter joke
    Inertiauk likes this.
    Kristian
    No longer an Audi driver...

Status
    Couldnt agree more, road tax dodgers would have to pay in aswell if it went onto fuel

Reverse Gear

Status
    ****ing right wizza, its unreal how much fuel costs, its a joke, all for the fat cat goverment to give back in hand outs to scrounging doll scum.... absoloute piss take....
    S3Lol likes this.
    1999 A3 1.8T Sport - Forge Tip, FMIC, Bailys dump valve, Coilovers, Longlife stainless exhaust, S3 Front and back bumpers (not to everyones taste on an A3, but i dont claim it to be an S3 ), S3 spoiler, Angel eyes, cone filter, 17" RS4, and last but not least 1 painted red calliper

To come - decat and down pipe, stage 1 r-tec map.....

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by wibble111 View Post
    Well its that time of year again when i get mugged off by the goverbent, just taxed the car for the year for the grand sum of £260!! To top that its insurance time aswell and swift cover wanted £520!!! wtf! I dont think so, another year clean motoring, no points or claims and they put it up by £150, they can jog on! Ended up going to endsleigh for £395.
    Hastings have just quoted me £405 for my 55 plate 3.2 dont know your circumstances but Im 46 6 years no claims might be worth a look at them next time.
    I Just Want to Have Some Fun Before They Throw Me In The Sanitarium

Reverse Gear

Status
    Roadtax in Holland for a S3 is 619 pounds a year. 260 is a bargain :-)

A3 1.8t Quattro Sport!

Status
    you guys are lucky.. i paid 118 quid for 6 months, my girlfriend went down to get it for me yesterday.. but because it goes til the end of the month.. i lost a month! so 118 quid for 5 months! lol october 31st it runs out, if i taxed today it would have been november! lol at least i finally got her on the road

IF IN DOUBT GO FLAT OUT

Status
    and who says money doesnt make you happy there soooo f***ing wrong i love my bumble bee and all i want is cheaper fuel and better road's come on is it much to ask the motorways are even poor any one live around the warrington area if so they will know what im on about go down the m62 from warrington towards trafford centre the motor way is like a rally track if you can do 70mph down there with a lowered car and not break anything well done to you sir.

IF IN DOUBT GO FLAT OUT

Status
    aint there a country that is near brazil where its only 2p a litre for fuel i know its only 50p a litre in india as was there on holiday in feb i was like wtf they even sell it in bottle's in the street and some of the roads are in better condition than our i may move there cheap i mean rearly cheap cars cheap fuel cheap to live and great roads.

i seen a suzuki swift for same brand spanking new from one of the main dealers out there for 2k i was like wtf wonder what else you could get out there.

BÜBENGRÖPEN

Status
    ^^^The M62 is constant up and down up and down. To say it''s... erm... 'fun' is an understatement!

The thing is the government constantly ar working on motorways but apart from maybe adding lanes or barriers or signs they never seem to do anything tarmac/land wise.

The councils always seem to be doing work on the roads but half the time they end up back as they were less than a year later because they don;t do a proper job. Plus they never do the jobs in a timely manner either.

Paul - they haven't even started on Winwick Road roundabout yet even though the signs say mid may :lol:
    dancarpy likes this.
    Kristian

Audi-sports own special child.

Status
    Haha, wibble111, you fancy paying my insurance, 21 with a s3, im paying £1500 for the year, my reneweal quote last year, at 20 was £5000, i **** you not lol, didnt help that i had 2 pending accidents that werent my fault haha.
    Driving the most secretive S3 on ASN

Audi a3 1.8t AGU

Status
    swift Cover put mine up by 130. another year clean motoring, no points or claims

Howdy

Status
    just glad i dont have a BAM
    My tax is the same?

Adrian Flux for insurance. Mine's gone up a tad this year, but I did declare my mods and 3 points and it's still around £500 (maybe less, can't remember!). I'm 30 with full NCB btw.
    2001 Audi RS4 2.7 Bi-Turbo - Nogaro Blue

1975 MG Midget 1500 - Tahiti Blue

2003 Audi S3 - Dolphin Grey; SOLD!

2nd Gear

Status
    Motorists are easy meat for loading more and more taxation on, believe me we aint seen nothing yet. The do gooders and the green mob are going to shaft us to the hilt, motorists are to blame for the worlds green house gasses in thier eyes and the knives are out, so we in Britain and Europe have to pay for our sins and the rest of the worlds sins.

DC
    His: 2001 1.8T AUM. Hibiscus Red Pearl Effect - Hers: 2002 1.8T AUM. Metalic Silver.

BÜBENGRÖPEN

Status
    Greenhouse Effect - load of bull
    Kristian

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    Greenhouse Effect - load of bull
    Agreed, the amount of gasses put into the atmosphere since the industrial revolution is miniscule compared to the amount spewed into the atmosphere from volcanos over the last billion years or more , yet this planet survived and thrived, mankind is living proof of that.

Rant over from me.

DC

His: 2001 1.8T AUM. Hibiscus Red Pearl Effect - Hers: 2002 1.8T AUM. Metalic Silver.

2nd Gear

Status
    similiar as above. Im 26 years old with no accident/claims so far £1200 insurance+ £210 tax
    and thats ''just an a3 1.8t'' i wonder how much woud those ****** ask for an s3...?

and to be maximaly honest uk roads are not that bad! (I've been across the entire europe 4 times so i can tell the difference)
    you want to see,experience ****ty/dangerous roads? try belgium,romania,slovakia,russia!!!

Proud owner of a:
    2.0T FSI quattro A4 S-line (saloon)
    Build thread
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s4-a4-a4-cab-b7-chassis/192911-just-another-build-thread.html

6th Gear
    Candy Tetris Champion, Mahjong Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Status
    Wow.. What do you do for a living Tomas?
    "Swallow your pride occasionally, it's not fattening." - Frank Tyger
    "Avoid making irrevocable decisions while tired or hungry." - Robert Heinlein

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by L1 HCS View Post
    Wow.. What do you do for a living Tomas?
    eHM.... lets just say a normal bloke with a regular job,who likes to travel every now and then.

Proud owner of a:
    2.0T FSI quattro A4 S-line (saloon)
    Build thread
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s4-a4-a4-cab-b7-chassis/192911-just-another-build-thread.html

Pocket now empty

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TOMAS.S View Post
    similiar as above. Im 26 years old with no accident/claims so far £1200 insurance+ £210 tax
    and thats ''just an a3 1.8t'' i wonder how much woud those ****** ask for an s3...?

and to be maximaly honest uk roads are not that bad! (I've been across the entire europe 4 times so i can tell the difference)
    you want to see,experience ****ty/dangerous roads? try belgium,romania,slovakia,russia!!!
    I think your with the wrong company mate.
    I'm 26 and i'm paying 498 with all mods declared. no points/convictions
    Revo Stage 2 with all the Gear
    BHP = 274 / Torque = 293

1st Gear

Status
    it is mad, however im paying 560 on my S3 and im 24 and my B7 RS4 is costing me 1400 for 2,000 miles a year, but the worst of it is its an 07 plate so the tax is £405!!!! a joke when you consider how much of pump price is tax, and also the tax you pay on insurance premiums as well!!
    2005 A3 8P 3.2 V6 - The run around
    2012 - Range rover Evoque - the Misses car
    2010 - Aston Martin DBS Volante - The Weekender

6th Gear

Status
    My missus`s Mazda 3 MPS has just gone up this year to £455 a year on an 09 plate but then a few months newer on the MK2 and its back down to £200 odd

Cactus green 8L S3 - B5 TIP + Jetex, Revised 007p, R32 rear ARB, AP Coilovers, Compbrake rear arms, Full Powerflexed dogbone.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kent_andy View Post
    its an 07 plate so the tax is £405!!!! a joke when you consider how much of pump price is tax,
    Thats the reason I did not want anything newer than a 55 plate as i knew the 3.2 tax is a fortune robbin barstewards it makes no sense though as I'm paying £260 a year and my wifes corsa 1.4 53 plate is £215 a year.

Mike
    I Just Want to Have Some Fun Before They Throw Me In The Sanitarium

1st Gear

Status
    We should do what the French do and take a stand! Because there is no sign of it decreasing!fact!

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by takworldwide View Post
    We should do what the French do and take a stand! Because there is no sign of it decreasing!fact!
    Haha people are too busy watching TV to do anything

A3 1.8T Sport

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by finesse View Post
    Sad but true...

Faster than a V12 Q7

Status
    My road tax on my facelift AMK is £220 ish, because it was registered before March. I got lucky lol

Neutral

Status
    Just had to renew tax on my 370Z - £445 a year. In comparison my A3 is £180 for 12 months - seems like a bargain and I do about 18k a year in that in comparison to 4.5k a year in my 370.

Howdy

Status
    Modified classics are they way forward if you want to avoid road tax...
    I drive a 4.0 litre V8 that's tax-free, goes like stink and scares small children.
    Last edited by JS1500; 2nd June 2011 at 12:20. Reason: typo
    S3Lol likes this.
    2001 Audi RS4 2.7 Bi-Turbo - Nogaro Blue

1975 MG Midget 1500 - Tahiti Blue

2003 Audi S3 - Dolphin Grey; SOLD!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JS1500 View Post
    Modified classics are they way forward if you want to avoid road tax...
    I drive a 4.0 litre V8 that's tax-free, goes like stink and scares small children.
    Does it leave a trail of dead flowers at the side of the road in its wake, if not why not lol

BÜBENGRÖPEN

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by finesse View Post
    We should use Slovakia (I think it was them) as an inspiration and start a full scale riot :lol:
    Kristian

5th Gear

Status
    why are people paying so much on insurance? im 22, 2002 S3, £523 for the year with admiral. which i think is pretty good!

Faster than a V12 Q7

Status
    Jeez! my admiral is nearly £200 more, you must have the best postcode ever! no where near blackbird lees I imagine lol.

Works 60% the time, Everytime.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by wibble111 View Post
    Anyway mini rant over now, just glad i dont have a BAM
    Its still £260 for a bam.

2003 Audi S3 + Go faster bits

BÜBENGRÖPEN

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3featesV9 View Post
    why are people paying so much on insurance? im 22, 2002 S3, £523 for the year with admiral. which i think is pretty good!
    There's about 100 different reasons and every time it will be various different reasons out of those hundreds. For me its because I have a crash (slight bump into the back of someone). Plus the insurance company charges a bit more for mods than likes of Adrian Flux but their renewal quotes were stupid.

Plus since when do insurance quotes ever make sense? Always seems to be a random figure of numbers pulled out of a hat.
    Kristian

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    Technically its emissions tax, because thats what the price is based on now, so apparently we cant complain about the roads when paying so much 'road tax' because its 'emissions' tax.
    I think the roads in france and germany are amazing!

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    Technically its emissions tax, because thats what the price is based on now, so apparently we cant complain about the roads when paying so much 'road tax' because its 'emissions' tax.
    I think the roads in france and germany are amazing!

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kent_andy View Post
    it is mad, however im paying 560 on my S3 and im 24 and my B7 RS4 is costing me 1400 for 2,000 miles a year, but the worst of it is its an 07 plate so the tax is £405!!!!!
    What the hell do you do? And how did you do it? Lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast