Road Tax Rant!!!

wibble111

needs to scratch the itch
Reaction score
Well its that time of year again when i get mugged off by the goverbent, just taxed the car for the year for the grand sum of £260!! To top that its insurance time aswell and swift cover wanted £520!!! wtf! I dont think so, another year clean motoring, no points or claims and they put it up by £150, they can jog on! Ended up going to endsleigh for £395.

Anyway mini rant over now, just glad i dont have a BAM :sadlike:

lol amazes me how people moan about paying over £500 to insure a fast sporty car, add £900 to that and you get to what im paying for mine a year!! and its not even an s3!!! LOL

tax does take the **** though, almost as much as mot's do!

I know what your saying fella but I'm old lol, well 40 anyway and it just keeps going up and up, insurance I can just about take but road tax, that just p***es me right off, especially with the state of the UK roads, pot holes etc etc. Mot's arent really a concern as I know a friendly test station, my uncles garage lol, real test done but for the right price and any minor faults like a blown bulb will be 'sorted' for me as long as its not a safety issie.

We already pay god knows how much on fuel duty tax so we shoudn't be paying road tax. Utter joke :(

Reactions: Inertiauk
Couldnt agree more, road tax dodgers would have to pay in aswell if it went onto fuel

****ing right wizza, its unreal how much fuel costs, its a joke, all for the fat cat goverment to give back in hand outs to scrounging doll scum.... absoloute **** take....

Reactions: S3Lol
Well its that time of year again when i get mugged off by the goverbent, just taxed the car for the year for the grand sum of £260!! To top that its insurance time aswell and swift cover wanted £520!!! wtf! I dont think so, another year clean motoring, no points or claims and they put it up by £150, they can jog on! Ended up going to endsleigh for £395.

Hastings have just quoted me £405 for my 55 plate 3.2 dont know your circumstances but Im 46 6 years no claims might be worth a look at them next time.

you guys are lucky.. i paid 118 quid for 6 months, my girlfriend went down to get it for me yesterday.. but because it goes til the end of the month.. i lost a month! so 118 quid for 5 months! lol october 31st it runs out, if i taxed today it would have been november! lol at least i finally got her on the road :)

and who says money doesnt make you happy there soooo f***ing wrong i love my bumble bee and all i want is cheaper fuel and better road's come on is it much to ask the motorways are even poor any one live around the warrington area if so they will know what im on about go down the m62 from warrington towards trafford centre the motor way is like a rally track if you can do 70mph down there with a lowered car and not break anything well done to you sir.

aint there a country that is near brazil where its only 2p a litre for fuel i know its only 50p a litre in india as was there on holiday in feb i was like wtf they even sell it in bottle's in the street and some of the roads are in better condition than our i may move there cheap i mean rearly cheap cars cheap fuel cheap to live and great roads.

i seen a suzuki swift for same brand spanking new from one of the main dealers out there for 2k i was like wtf wonder what else you could get out there.

^^^The M62 is constant up and down up and down. To say it''s... erm... 'fun' is an understatement!

The thing is the government constantly ar working on motorways but apart from maybe adding lanes or barriers or signs they never seem to do anything tarmac/land wise.

The councils always seem to be doing work on the roads but half the time they end up back as they were less than a year later because they don;t do a proper job. Plus they never do the jobs in a timely manner either.

Paul - they haven't even started on Winwick Road roundabout yet even though the signs say mid may :lol:

Reactions: dancarpy
Haha, wibble111, you fancy paying my insurance, 21 with a s3, im paying £1500 for the year, my reneweal quote last year, at 20 was £5000, i **** you not lol, didnt help that i had 2 pending accidents that werent my fault haha.

just glad i dont have a BAM :sadlike:

My tax is the same?

Adrian Flux for insurance. Mine's gone up a tad this year, but I did declare my mods and 3 points and it's still around £500 (maybe less, can't remember!). I'm 30 with full NCB btw.

Motorists are easy meat for loading more and more taxation on, believe me we aint seen nothing yet. The do gooders and the green mob are going to shaft us to the hilt, motorists are to blame for the worlds green house gasses in thier eyes and the knives are out, so we in Britain and Europe have to pay for our sins and the rest of the worlds sins.

DC

Greenhouse Effect - load of bull :lmfao:

Agreed, the amount of gasses put into the atmosphere since the industrial revolution is miniscule compared to the amount spewed into the atmosphere from volcanos over the last billion years or more , yet this planet survived and thrived, mankind is living proof of that.

Rant over from me.

DC

similiar as above. Im 26 years old with no accident/claims so far £1200 insurance+ £210 tax
and thats ''just an a3 1.8t'' i wonder how much woud those ****** ask for an s3...?

and to be maximaly honest uk roads are not that bad! (I've been across the entire europe 4 times so i can tell the difference)
you want to see,experience ****ty/dangerous roads? try belgium,romania,slovakia,russia!!!

Wow.. What do you do for a living Tomas?

similiar as above. Im 26 years old with no accident/claims so far £1200 insurance+ £210 tax
and thats ''just an a3 1.8t'' i wonder how much woud those ****** ask for an s3...?

and to be maximaly honest uk roads are not that bad! (I've been across the entire europe 4 times so i can tell the difference)
you want to see,experience ****ty/dangerous roads? try belgium,romania,slovakia,russia!!!

I think your with the wrong company mate.
I'm 26 and i'm paying 498 with all mods declared. no points/convictions

it is mad, however im paying 560 on my S3 and im 24 and my B7 RS4 is costing me 1400 for 2,000 miles a year, but the worst of it is its an 07 plate so the tax is £405!!!! a joke when you consider how much of pump price is tax, and also the tax you pay on insurance premiums as well!!

My missus`s Mazda 3 MPS has just gone up this year to £455 a year on an 09 plate but then a few months newer on the MK2 and its back down to £200 odd

its an 07 plate so the tax is £405!!!! a joke when you consider how much of pump price is tax,

Thats the reason I did not want anything newer than a 55 plate as i knew the 3.2 tax is a fortune robbin barstewards it makes no sense though as I'm paying £260 a year and my wifes corsa 1.4 53 plate is £215 a year.

Mike

We should do what the French do and take a stand! Because there is no sign of it decreasing!fact!

My road tax on my facelift AMK is £220 ish, because it was registered before March. I got lucky lol

Just had to renew tax on my 370Z - £445 a year. In comparison my A3 is £180 for 12 months - seems like a bargain and I do about 18k a year in that in comparison to 4.5k a year in my 370.

Modified classics are they way forward if you want to avoid road tax...
I drive a 4.0 litre V8 that's tax-free, goes like stink and scares small children.

Last edited:
Reactions: S3Lol
Modified classics are they way forward if you want to avoid road tax...
I drive a 4.0 litre V8 that's tax-free, goes like stink and scares small children.
Does it leave a trail of dead flowers at the side of the road in its wake, if not why not lol

why are people paying so much on insurance? im 22, 2002 S3, £523 for the year with admiral. which i think is pretty good!

Jeez! my admiral is nearly £200 more, you must have the best postcode ever! no where near blackbird lees I imagine lol.

why are people paying so much on insurance? im 22, 2002 S3, £523 for the year with admiral. which i think is pretty good!

There's about 100 different reasons and every time it will be various different reasons out of those hundreds. For me its because I have a crash (slight bump into the back of someone). Plus the insurance company charges a bit more for mods than likes of Adrian Flux but their renewal quotes were stupid.

Plus since when do insurance quotes ever make sense? Always seems to be a random figure of numbers pulled out of a hat.

Technically its emissions tax, because thats what the price is based on now, so apparently we cant complain about the roads when paying so much 'road tax' because its 'emissions' tax.
I think the roads in france and germany are amazing!

Technically its emissions tax, because thats what the price is based on now, so apparently we cant complain about the roads when paying so much 'road tax' because its 'emissions' tax.
I think the roads in france and germany are amazing!