immobiliser help

Beth :)

Reaction score
Hi, i need help i have a audi a3 1.8 sport 97 model.. my baby.
the problem is this... Whenever i put the key in the engine starts then the immobiliser kicks in and switches the engine off again. I got this tested in which the guy said i have a major fault in the key and need to get the key replaced.
I cannot afford this right now audi are quoting me just over 200 pound for this.
I would like to know if i can either bypass or turn off the immobiliser until i can afford to sort it, or is there another place or way to get the key fixed without having to get a new one and have it programmed by audi.
I would prefer to find a way to turn off or bypass immobiliser.
My key works it the locks and still turns the car on. i have tried fiddling with the key and removing it from the barrel and tried again but it continually switches of in 1 min of turning on.
Thanks for reading :)

Last edited:
you could try a company called "Express Auto Keys". If you aren;t bothered about it being a flip key then they can do you a key with transponder for £45 delivered. They need you to send a high resolution pic of each side of your existing key to them anbd you get a key back in the post. I used them myself after the local keyshop f***ed up my key blank and the key i got in the post works perfecty.
The downside is that you would then have to get it coded to your cars immobiliser by audi for what should be ~£60. You may also be able to get an auto locksmith service from google or yellow pages etc to do your coding.
see this link