recaro seat runner problem

whoopass

Reaction score
can you help me out fellas? I decided to paint the plastic kick plates on the bottom of the recaro seats. I unscrewed the 4 allen bolts that hold the seat to the floor and leaned the seat back, then I heard a ping! and the below bracket fell out.
I suspect it is part of the runner mech but I cannot see how to relocate it? the seat now does not return to its original position when the seat is leant forward.

I tried to remove the seat to inspect the runner fully but cannot remove the seat fully as the roller runner on the side of the seat will not release...

this is frustrating, please help...
11111.jpg

aaaah its the tether/tensioner bracket that runs under the seat. anyone know how to loosen the tether off? will not come out of its housing at the rear of the seat?

well what a pain in the a$$ to fix, the tensioner braid is released by the seat slider handle, then you need to hold the plastic end, seat it back in the metal bracket (above) then screw the runners back in position with the tensioner in position, finally done at 22:40. sweet!