Sky InsuranceJMB Retrofits
    Hulk Smash!

Status

A/C climate noises?.

Hi all.
    As the weathers been in a changeover recently, i have found myself using the climate control more.

But i have developed two noises, if anyone can help?.

The centre vents sound like something is trapped in there when the fans on full.. (theres nothing in there/ i stripped the vent out to look)

Something behind the glovebox clicks like mad when switching recirc on/off... ??
    Solenoid possibly?.

Could these noises be related?... sonenoid not shutting flapp fully? making noise through centre vent?.

Any help appreciated.
    Cheers

2. # ADS
    ADS

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    First thing would be to scan the AC module for fault codes... all of the flappy bits are controlled using servo motors etc so could be one of those making the noise...

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Hulk Smash!

Status
    No faults unfortunaly ( or fortunatly) mr.Tuffty.
    Just did a scan of the net and it seems v71 is a common clicking solenoid, however just went to realign it in vcds and laptop died.. literally started smoking out the back

However i popped the centre vents out again and tucked abit more of the "illumination wire" away - as quite a bit sticks out, seems to have cured one noise.