s3 propshaft seal

frank s3

Reaction score
hi guys just a quick question it seems a little damp round my prop shaft lol and dont seem to be gear oil or smell like it.im loosing engine oil so ive just recently fitted a catch can!im not loosing oil when parked on drive only when in motion can sum one just confirm it will be prop shaft seal and the out put is out of the engine and not gearbox where i would assumed?? thanks frank

Didnt s3's burn oil since they left the factory?

yh i have but when its warmed up it don't seem to smoke. the catch can ive fitted seems to be doing its job but still a little smokey, was guessing it will take a while for the oil to burn off. theres def a leak sum where as its fresh oil its loosing where ive been toping it up. it don't leave a drop when stationery on the drive,was thinking when moving and oil pressure got up its slightly leaking.tbh its not loosing lots just want my car to be right,thanks frank

ive been under the motor today and would say it dose look like the transfer box seal!? anyone had one go/fail before??

Transfer box uses gearbox oil, You sure its not the o-ring from gearbox to transfer box that is leaking?

Might be worth whipping the transfer box off and fitting new o-rings as its not a massive job

ahh man dose it. its deff engine oil ive given it a jet was down this eve so ill get back under :| and should have a more of an idea 2morrow!