Rear speaker and sub no longer working - HELP PLEASE!!

marcuswp

Reaction score
Afternoon all

My 2000 plate A3's rear speaker and sub have stopped working entirely - not sure if it is a loose connection or anything more terminal - the front speaker and head unit are fine.

I think there is an amp on the sub which powers the rear speakers but not sure if there is anything i can do or whether it is a job for the Audi centre?

Any ideas or experience of similar would be gratefully received

Cheers

I'm in same boat. Just but in a alpine heeadunit where the 2 black adapters join with the headunit and rear speakers dont come on. I didn't have a headunit when brought car so I dunno if sub actually works.

I HAD TO BUY AN AUDIO ADAPTER FROM HALFORDS TO GET MY BOSE WORKING THEY NEED A LIVE FEED FOR THE AMP CANT REMEMBER THE ADAPTER NUMBER YOU WILL ALSO NEED TO SEND A 12V FEED TO THE ARIEL IF YOU WANT THE RADIO WORKING

I have this same problem as well, everything works bar the sub and rear speakers. Except my head unit switches itself off intermittently also. ******. Any ideas?

For aftermarket HU's you need to feed the rear signal to the rear amp. To do this you need PC9-404, and then connect the blue flying lead to the power antenna or "remote on" feed from the new HU. This switches the amp on/off with the HU.
If you have a newer Audi HU (Concert CD) in an older (pre-2000) Audi then the HU won't turn on/off with the ignition and it will switch off after an hour, this is because it relies on the CANBUS to tell it when the ignition is on/off. So this might be the cause of intermittant switching off.
If sub/rears were working and now they've stopped, then chances are the amp inside the tupperware sub has given up. Just buy another sub on ebay, hundreds for sale for little money. Fitting it though is a bit of a ballache.

Andymac I've got the 1998 a3 doubt it's a Bose sound.but will that part you mentioned make the rears work in my year a3?