TT arb noise!?

audi-tk

Reaction score
Just fitted the TT arb and I don't know if it's that as I've fitted new poly dog mount n new top mount but there's a deep ping noise when I turn on uneven ground. Any one know what this is or had similar noise. I'm using standard a3 droplinks and bushes.... Very deep ping sound when I reverse too

I'm considering adjustable ones. But how do they help?

They don't help at all, they are actually longer than the standard ones if you run them with the locknuts fitted so don't give any more clerance than standard unless you unsafely run them with no lock nuts.

And the bushes are so weak they break down after a few thousand miles.

I'd suggest looking at worn top mounts front and rear. Get the car jacked up and spin the driveshafts and check for scoring/rubbing.

Does it sometimes when I full lock. Not sure . Don't know weather to take it to a garage as it probably won't make the noise then grr

which side is the noise? sounds like a tight front top mount to me if the spring is winding up and releasing (pinging noise) as your turning lock to lock.

Can't tell mate all I can here is a deep ping sound when I go over in even ground . A drive way when I turn on full lock or sometimes even when I reverse :/ tight? If so that could wear out quicker? Defo sounds like arb as can feel it on bottom of car slightly.very hard to explain ...

Can't tell mate all I can here is a deep ping sound when I go over in even ground . A drive way when I turn on full lock or sometimes even when I reverse :/ tight? If so that could wear out quicker? Defo sounds like arb as can feel it on bottom of car slightly.very hard to explain ...

Have you checked the track rod ends? Turn the car from lock to lock whilst stationary and have a listen then.

Hi mate I'll have a look the tracking is alot if that could be the problem? When arms were off haven't had it tracked yet!

NOISE FIXED. the tracking was badly out. got it laser alighned and now the noise has not come back. very strange...