lowered... now got epic drive shaft scrappage.... help please

jay1601

Reaction score
fitted my coilovers tuesday. been fine since fitting. must of bedded in today, coming home from work could heard metal on metal.

checked passage side, its all fine. no marks on shaft

checked drivers side and its scraping pretty bad
img.jpg

this is how low it is, not sure how much i went down but its at a high i like
DSC_0384.jpg

has anyone else had problems with this, if so what did you do to fix it ?

Yep, common problem and a search will have highlighted the fix... adjustable drop links for the ARB required bud...

<tuffty/>

i just searched though old threads via google.

seems like adjustabe drop links don't fix the problem

needs a new ARB.

humm... adjustable links have worked for most peeps but maybe yours is lower... Awesome GTI sell them I think...

<tuffty/>

may try new links before spending out £150+ on new ARB

do you know which links are best to get ?

TT ARB with standard droplinks is your answer. It goes under the driveshaft. Can be bought from the dealers for £90 or used for less than £50.

TT ARB with standard droplinks is your answer. It goes under the driveshaft. Can be bought from the dealers for £90 or used for less than £50.

LCR ones are the same too incase you scour ebay for a deal.

Strange how some peoples rub and some peoples don't, ours is super low and it never rubbed. But I know people with cars higher than ours that rubbed.

Don't buy the cheap ****ty ebay adjustable drop links, they are longer than standard ones and also have very cheap rubber in the bushes so knock after 1000 miles.

does it need to be MK1 TT i found a MK2 TT bar for £35 on ebay

while you are there, put air n the tyre, it looks proper flat!!!

U want a Mark 1 Audi TT arb from a quattro . Look on eBay . Put in Audi TT breaking then message them all saying TT arb posted? But always put "how much for a undamaged excellent condition front arb from this mk1 Audi TT quattro with a price posted to..."

found a LCR ARB on ebay. can someone confirm it will do the same as the TT one before i buy it

thanks Jay

Those ones are complete and utter **** Paul, they are the ones we fitted and then threw in the bin.

The rubber is so weak that after a couple of thousand miles they knock and bang, they are not shorter than the standard links when you have them at their shortest with the lock nut fitted too. We had to remove the locking nut to make them shorter than the standard ones.

Our car is a few MM's higher than Prawns (IE far too low for Bills rollers!) and it doesn't rub with stock links.

Last edited:
Thats the solution then... raise the ride height :)

Can't say I have personal experience of these ones in particular (or any tbh as the S3 uses a different setup)... I am sure there are others more suitable out there... rose jointed ones maybe?

...or just bigger wheels and raise the height to something more sump and driveshaft friendly :thumbsup:

<tuffty/>

can't find any on ebay.

my local scrappy has 1 quattro TT in, they want £75 for it. is that a good price ?

can't find any on ebay.

my local scrappy has 1 quattro TT in, they want £75 for it. is that a good price ?

Thats tres expensive, after a bit of main dealer discount I'd expect a new one for that!

does anyone have the TT or LCR part number. will phone up see how much it will cost for a new one

went to audi today. got the new roll bar cost £80.47 the product number is 1J0 411 305 AE incase anyone else needs the number for the correct parts.

it fits fine with the standard bushes only thing i have got is the linkages are a bit of a weird angle but they are working fine

i get no rubbing and i'm now slammed on 16's