JMB RetrofitsAH Fabrications
    2nd Gear

Status

17544 - It is getting sorted!!

Hi,

I have the 17544 code.

17544/P1136/004406 - Fuel Trim: Bank 1 (Add): System too Lean - intermittent

below is the graph for block 002 and block 032 in third gear.

I am picking up a new MAF tomorrow, but after looking at this im not sure if its more of a leak.

Any advice??
    Current

Porsche Cayman S

Gone but not forgotten
    Audi S3:Blueflame TBE; 3" blueflame downpipe; Forge 007p; jabbasport custom map; Badger 5 TIP v1, various bushes, N249 Bypass, Stack Boost Gauge, Junior GT Brembo brakes, tarox 2 part discs, DS2500's

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    I had this code come up when the numpty that did my cambelt didn't reconnect one of my hoses. I'd check all the pipework first mate.

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Is your S3 a BAM? check the fuel pressure regulator for an accumulation of perished rubber from the fuel hoses...

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

2nd Gear

Status
    Hi Tuffty, yes it is a BAM. I had the FPR off when I cleaned my injectors last weekend. They all went in the bath. I had the code before and after the clean so not sure if it is that (no dirt on it at all). The fuel hose (thie one that connects to the FPR?) looks a bit untidy tbh so I an getting some 4mm vac hose to go round and replace them.

one thing to mention, this code started to arise after the exhaust was fitted (3" blueflame TBE). I have a generic map on the car. Will this cause issue with fuelling?
    Current

Porsche Cayman S

Gone but not forgotten
    Audi S3:Blueflame TBE; 3" blueflame downpipe; Forge 007p; jabbasport custom map; Badger 5 TIP v1, various bushes, N249 Bypass, Stack Boost Gauge, Junior GT Brembo brakes, tarox 2 part discs, DS2500's

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S1LFH View Post
    Hi Tuffty, yes it is a BAM. I had the FPR off when I cleaned my injectors last weekend. They all went in the bath. I had the code before and after the clean so not sure if it is that (no dirt on it at all). The fuel hose (thie one that connects to the FPR?) looks a bit untidy tbh so I an getting some 4mm vac hose to go round and replace them.

one thing to mention, this code started to arise after the exhaust was fitted (3" blueflame TBE). I have a generic map on the car. Will this cause issue with fuelling?

Difficult to say without logging tbh... need to check block 001 and 031... 032 is a reference block so only need to look at it after a few runs etc... 001 will have the lambda control field so you can see how much effort the ECU is putting in to meet requested fuel... 031 will log fuel request vs actual... give an idea on how the fuelling is setup... looking for 0.850's under boost... anything more higher than that is prob too lean for a decent map...

189gs seems low for a mapped engine too...

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

2nd Gear

Status
    yeh, it got up to 199 g/s but I thought that was low.

Will get those other blocks logged later on this evening and we can take another look then.
    Last edited by S3Lol; 26th May 2011 at 14:28.
    Current

Porsche Cayman S

Gone but not forgotten

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S1LFH View Post
    yeh, it got up to 199 g/s but I thought that was low.
    DOH!... I see it now... ok, 199gs is more like it... ignore me on that one...

<tuffty/>

2nd Gear

Status
    Here are blocks 001, 031, 032...the full log can be found here. The Below is the third gear to (nearish) red line run. Temp went up to 100C while going thruogh town!

Current

Porsche Cayman S

Gone but not forgotten

2nd Gear

Status
    bump...hoping to get some direction on if it is worth replacing the MAF, as going to get it at lunch. cheers
    Current

Porsche Cayman S

Gone but not forgotten

1st Gear

Status
    Google seems to suggest a vac leak from looking on other forums. Might be worth looking at before buying new parts?

2nd Gear

Status
    Ive looked for leaks but cant seem to find any. But from other posts on the forum, some leaks can be near impossible to find without having some kind of pressure put through the system or a smoke test. Neither of which I have the tools to do

Any one around cambridge (up to 50 miles away) that can help me with this?
    Current

Porsche Cayman S

Gone but not forgotten

2nd Gear

Status
    right, im getting rid of every bloody hose that can go. Catch can and N249 bypass will be done next week. Then we shall see where this leak is hiding! **evil laugh**
    Current

Porsche Cayman S

Gone but not forgotten

2nd Gear

Status
    Well after snapping the coil pack in the engine, I had to take off the vac hoses and disconnected DV to get them out of the way. Once I put them back, the S3 felt healthier, and I changed the Fuel Filter the next day as well. So far the code is yet to come up, and Ive doing a good 60 odd miles. So I assume it was either one of the hoses was not connected properly, or that the fuel filter which was making it run lean.
    Current

Porsche Cayman S

Gone but not forgotten

2nd Gear

Status
    changed the fuel filter and the code still comes back. Guess next step is the MAF?
    Current

Porsche Cayman S

Gone but not forgotten

2nd Gear

Status
    FOUND THE ****ER!!!!!

Below looking normal

and now you see it...

Current

Porsche Cayman S

Gone but not forgotten

2nd Gear

Status
    oh, and Audi want to charge me 140 quid for the pipes underneath the manifold as they cant sell me the 90 degree bend separately, so they say. Is this true??
    Last edited by S3Lol; 9th June 2011 at 21:21.
    Current

Porsche Cayman S

Gone but not forgotten

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    A catch can would save you all this hassle

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3dave View Post
    A catch can would save you all this hassle
    Good point. I am planning to get this done so its now jumped up to top priority
    Current

Porsche Cayman S

Gone but not forgotten