HELP PLEASE RE- SECOND HAND DIFF

mar.600

Reaction score
HI, FINALLY FOUND OUT DIFF IS KNACKERED.

GOING TO TRY AND GET AN SECOND ONE, THIS WERE I NEED HELP PLEASE

MY CAR IS AN 2001 S3 118K MILES.

CAN I BUT ANY ANY DIFF IN THE SAME YEAR OF MODEL UP TO 2003 AND READING THREADS ON HERE IT SAYS SOME MK4 R32 ARE THE SAME DIFF ??

HAVE I GOT TO LOOK OUT FOR DIFFERENT SERIAL NUMBERS ?? TO MATCH MINE .

IS IT POSS TO GET MY DIFF RECONDITIONED ? HAS ANYONE DONE THIS

LOOKING FOR SOME ADVICE PLEASE IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME THANKS

ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT THE FRONT DIFF? DO YOU KNOW WHAT CODE DIFF YOUR IS? EUK, FGT,FWS? TRY THE USUAL, EBAY, BREAKERS...

hi thanks for getting back to me, no its the rear diff bearing thats whining ,is it poss to buy one on ebay same model 1999-2003 ? or do i require a code to match mines, will try and look to see if there are codes on the rear thanks

ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT THE FRONT DIFF? DO YOU KNOW WHAT CODE DIFF YOUR IS? EUK, FGT,FWS? TRY THE USUAL, EBAY, BREAKERS...

hi thanks for getting back to me, no its the rear diff bearing thats whining ,is it poss to buy one on ebay same model 1999-2003 ? or do i require a code to match mines, will try and look to see if there are codes on the rear than

I would probably look at second hand... from what i hear the rear diff/ haldex unit is quite complex.
Should be a few TT's breaking

I've always found asking for TT parts is cheaper than S3 parts when it comes to breakers, Even though there the same part and code......

Ye, Same here.
Must be more hair dressers crashing them haha,

hi do i need the part number and code from my unit,how can i get this number without taking off the diff from the car. will the part number and code need to match my unit. if you can l=et me know thanks again