Make Blueflame quieter

S3Lol

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a Blueflame TBE and it has really helped the car performance wise. Only thing is, Im doing more miles in it now and the loud noise around motorway speeds is gettting a little bit annoying. Rather than swapping back to the original (as that would be a step back), is there any way to make it a bit quieter??

Cheers

You could use a resonated centre section

underneath.jpg

Hmm that sounds about right, the original s3 exhaust isn't very restrictive, I think Tuffty only ran in to trouble at like 340 brake

******. Need someone who knows what it should sound like to listen to it really as im not 100% sure its on properly (had an exhaust fitter do it). Anyone near Huntingdon??

At the moment it burbles quite a lot when going off throttle.

Last edited:
I had a straight through box of similar size to that and the only way to quieten it was to fit a Milltek back box...

<tuffty/>

It'll be the backbox causing the booming inside the cabin, as tuffty said either get a Milltek or get a custom backbox which goes side ways

P4170524.jpg

Mate swap me and ill give you some reddies for it aswell :).

ill get Bill to take a look before I make any decisions ;) but if it is the back box, might have to go the custom route. the pipewerx one Sandip has looks very tempting.

Have you heard mine? It's suuuuweeeeett

Nah its a miltek, no idea what it's like cruising wise at the moment but it's sounds amazing on the dyno etc.

you can get a part which you insert into the exhaust to reduce the decibels have a look on demon tweeks on the motorsport part they will be in there mainly used for track but could help keep the exhaut quiet

You won't be able to hear the exhaust over the sound of you're new turbo at cruising ;)

^^ He's right. You don't hear much inside the car really. The whistle from the blower is overpowering.

Mine is a little too loud now, however I think my Miltek backbox is dying - too many flames have eaten it up inside. Booo.