EM TuningVolks Autos
    Odt

Status

Unlucky Audi owner

Ok so as the title says I am really unlucky when it comes to cars and when I bought my Audi 1month ago i thought my luck had changed. At first the car felt great to drive pulled well and was probably the best car I had driven, then a week ago the wipers stopped so I booked it into the garage, whilst driving to the garage it overheated so I called the aa to come and assist and he told me he thought it was the thermostat, that afternoon I got a call from the garage saying he'd fixed the wipers changed the thermostat but the car was still overheating and diagnosed it to be the water pump. A week later another call waterpump done but you have a wheel bearing gone and needs to be done. So £300 lighter I have my car back.
    Anyone else had any bad luck recently?

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    like you honestly wouldnt believe mate! smashed sump on the way to work today! good times!
    99' a3 quattro - k03s, carbonio cai, simota cone filter, FMIC, raceland coilovers, fully polybushed, forge TIP, forge 007p, forge coolant hose kit, forge throttle body pipe, stainless catback, brembo pads, stage one map, black angel eyes, 17" radius r3's gt28rs coming very very soon

Odt

Status
    It's since developed a annoying rattle which I have found to be the guard over the cat

Neutral

Status
    had my a3 for about 3 weeks and thermostat gone and today clutch pedal went which might be the slave cylinder or the master cylinder so car is off the road till clutch problem sorted

Reverse Gear

Status
    Well I think I've got you beat!
    Picked up my new S3 last thursday at 17:30, after hunting high and low for 6 months to find the spec I wanted with low miles.
    Absolutely loved it, loads of horses and handles beautifully, everything my last S3 lacked.
    5 hours later it dropped a con rod down the motorway at 4000 revs!

Howdy

Status
    ^^^ Ouch!

My S3 has been good actually, but my old 1998 A4 1.8T cost me £1600 after 2 months of ownership!
    2001 Audi RS4 2.7 Bi-Turbo - Nogaro Blue

1975 MG Midget 1500 - Tahiti Blue

2003 Audi S3 - Dolphin Grey; SOLD!

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by pompeysteve View Post
    Well I think I've got you beat!
    Picked up my new S3 last thursday at 17:30, after hunting high and low for 6 months to find the spec I wanted with low miles.
    Absolutely loved it, loads of horses and handles beautifully, everything my last S3 lacked.
    5 hours later it dropped a con rod down the motorway at 4000 revs!
    Any conclusions as to why that happened ...for the record?

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3dave View Post
    Any conclusions as to why that happened ...for the record?

It had a Backdraft motorsport 330hp conversion carried out about 11000 miles ago, without the con rod upgrade, so that would be my guess.
    Dropped the car back to them this morning, and will know more once they've got it apart.

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by pompeysteve View Post
    It had a Backdraft motorsport 330hp conversion carried out about 11000 miles ago, without the con rod upgrade, so that would be my guess.
    Dropped the car back to them this morning, and will know more once they've got it apart.
    It was just a matter of time then @330... let us know how you get on....

Reverse Gear

Status
    Think I've had it bad so far, brought an Audi A3 2.0 tdci last thursday, started blowing out white smoke when pulling away on way home, took it back to garage sunday, picked it up again today and yet it still smokes if not worse!!!! Going back tomorrow, and telling them a fuel filter and injector clean isnt going to cure it and to look deeper!! Half tempted already to tell them to cancel the whole thing and keep the car!!!!

1st Gear

Status
    first week i had my audi,,, clutch and flywheel went..... £600 quid ha but at least i chnged it fr a set up from a more powefull tt lol

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 20v-turbo View Post
    first week i had my audi,,, clutch and flywheel went..... £600 quid ha but at least i chnged it fr a set up from a more powefull tt lol
    exactly the same thing happened to me. Master, slave, clutch and flywheel all replaced within the week of owning it!
    Current

Porsche Cayman S

Gone but not forgotten
    Audi S3:Blueflame TBE; 3" blueflame downpipe; Forge 007p; jabbasport custom map; Badger 5 TIP v1, various bushes, N249 Bypass, Stack Boost Gauge, Junior GT Brembo brakes, tarox 2 part discs, DS2500's

3rd Gear

Status
    2 months into ownership and start motor went. Nightmare!!!

1st Gear

Status
    since i have owned mine, i have replaced......water pump+cambelt+therostat £360 then alternator £110, battery £50, main fuel line £70, main metal water pipe at front of engine £250, anti roll bar links £10 boot gas struts £35, temp sender £20, front wheel baring £150 all failed parts, and that doesnt include all the modifications!!!

Testing dodgy Chinese gear...

Status
    Don't even get me started....

Two months owned and....

Booo. Blocked smashed as well.

Rebuilt in my garage over a few weeks, and then put all back together with new block and forged rods....

Started up and after about 1 min of running, first start, engine started having issues missing.

Turned engine off to discover this:

Caused by this:

and this:

and also damaging this:

Had to use my spare head, and a spare piston.

Now THAT is unlucky.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    Wellyboots, you are quite literally my most favourite pikey in the entire world

4th Gear

Status
    There is a lot of bad luck in here, im getting out before i catch some!

5th Gear

Status
    i had my s3 for a month then i had to fork out for a new gearbox (recon) then flywheel and clutch kit. plus fitting as i had no spare time....in all £3100. then a week after having it back i get twatted by a lorry on the A34 in oxford, so needed a new wing mirror, front wing and door repaired. wich cost another £1000. no wonder my car is still pretty standard!! haha