Unlucky Audi owner

A3 liam

Odt
Reaction score
Ok so as the title says I am really unlucky when it comes to cars and when I bought my Audi 1month ago i thought my luck had changed. At first the car felt great to drive pulled well and was probably the best car I had driven, then a week ago the wipers stopped so I booked it into the garage, whilst driving to the garage it overheated so I called the aa to come and assist and he told me he thought it was the thermostat, that afternoon I got a call from the garage saying he'd fixed the wipers changed the thermostat but the car was still overheating and diagnosed it to be the water pump. A week later another call waterpump done but you have a wheel bearing gone and needs to be done. So £300 lighter I have my car back.
Anyone else had any bad luck recently?

like you honestly wouldnt believe mate! smashed sump on the way to work today! good times!

It's since developed a annoying rattle which I have found to be the guard over the cat

had my a3 for about 3 weeks and thermostat gone and today clutch pedal went which might be the slave cylinder or the master cylinder so car is off the road till clutch problem sorted

Well I think I've got you beat!
Picked up my new S3 last thursday at 17:30, after hunting high and low for 6 months to find the spec I wanted with low miles.
Absolutely loved it, loads of horses and handles beautifully, everything my last S3 lacked.
5 hours later it dropped a con rod down the motorway at 4000 revs!

Well I think I've got you beat!
Picked up my new S3 last thursday at 17:30, after hunting high and low for 6 months to find the spec I wanted with low miles.
Absolutely loved it, loads of horses and handles beautifully, everything my last S3 lacked.
5 hours later it dropped a con rod down the motorway at 4000 revs!

Any conclusions as to why that happened ...for the record?

Any conclusions as to why that happened ...for the record?

It had a Backdraft motorsport 330hp conversion carried out about 11000 miles ago, without the con rod upgrade, so that would be my guess.
Dropped the car back to them this morning, and will know more once they've got it apart.

It had a Backdraft motorsport 330hp conversion carried out about 11000 miles ago, without the con rod upgrade, so that would be my guess.
Dropped the car back to them this morning, and will know more once they've got it apart.
It was just a matter of time then @330... let us know how you get on....

Think I've had it bad so far, brought an Audi A3 2.0 tdci last thursday, started blowing out white smoke when pulling away on way home, took it back to garage sunday, picked it up again today and yet it still smokes if not worse!!!! Going back tomorrow, and telling them a fuel filter and injector clean isnt going to cure it and to look deeper!! Half tempted already to tell them to cancel the whole thing and keep the car!!!!

first week i had my audi,,, clutch and flywheel went..... £600 quid ha :( but at least i chnged it fr a set up from a more powefull tt lol

since i have owned mine, i have replaced......water pump+cambelt+therostat £360 then alternator £110, battery £50, main fuel line £70, main metal water pipe at front of engine £250, anti roll bar links £10 boot gas struts £35, temp sender £20, front wheel baring £150 all failed parts, and that doesnt include all the modifications!!!

Don't even get me started....

Two months owned and....

10.jpg

Booo. Blocked smashed as well.

Rebuilt in my garage over a few weeks, and then put all back together with new block and forged rods....

Started up and after about 1 min of running, first start, engine started having issues missing.

Turned engine off to discover this:

30.jpg

Caused by this:

32.jpg

and this:

33.jpg

and also damaging this:

31.jpg

Had to use my spare head, and a spare piston.

Now THAT is unlucky.

i had my s3 for a month then i had to fork out for a new gearbox (recon) then flywheel and clutch kit. plus fitting as i had no spare time....in all £3100. then a week after having it back i get twatted by a lorry on the A34 in oxford, so needed a new wing mirror, front wing and door repaired. wich cost another £1000. no wonder my car is still pretty standard!! haha