My A3 facelift!!!!

nixy

Reaction score
After many months of looking and wondering what car to go for! Had thoughts of a civic VTI, A3 derv, Clio 172, something cheap and crap for now and even not buying a car for a while lol. In the end saw this for sale and thought it has potential so went to see it and struck a deal!!

So car in question lil bit of spec

A3 1.8T Sport Facelift (AUM)2001 on a Y plate
Met Black
Usual sport seats, climate control blah blah

Good bits

Remapped by Star Performance in Scotland,
Koni Coilovers,
poly bushed,
uprated arb,
Cat Back Magna flow exhaust with oval tip,
Bmc Cda induction kit,
Smoothed front bumper.

So after getting my plate registered to the car and a quick hand wash from around the corner heres the pics! Not had a chance to clean properly or do anything yet LOL.
1003e1ad.jpg

d0bd205f.jpg

a3217508.jpg

1ea32a53.jpg

c7403144.jpg

60628a39.jpg

7a7de35f.jpg

It does need some work
drivers arch has a lil bit of surface rust (must have had big wheels before and rubbed paint off) so needs respraying
passenger arch has a scuff so need respraying
front bumper has a couple small cracks so needs redoing
rear boot plinth where lock used to be needs redoing
DESPERATELY needs some decent rims lol

So Plans
Give it a good clean and detail (esp where my plate is shorter than the one that came off and has left sticky pad showing and can't get off atm)
get my boost gauge in,
Swap BMC for a CAI,
lower the coilovers,
Sort out the bodywork,
Forge tip/front mount/decat/....stage 2 remap
maybe get some leather in there lol

all comments welcome or if anyone knows any history to this car pstandard plate is Y98*CU?????

I saw this for sale a few weeks ago, looked pretty tidy.

I seem to recall it was also an absolute bargain!

I saw this for sale a few weeks ago, looked pretty tidy.

I seem to recall it was also an absolute bargain!

Yes im happy with the price I paid lol does need a few bits its not a minter

what spoiler is that? and stick sum 25mm spacers on ;)

Sod that new wheels are a must just wait till I sort them lol.

Spoiler not a clue I assumed it was a S3 spoiler??

Looks pretty tidy that dude. And some nice plans in store.

You have same engine as mine (AUM) and similar year. As far as leather goes it's a bit over-rated. I love my cloth seats - extremely comfy! :D

Nice A3 bud, as said before..some wheels would finish that off nicely!

Not sure on rims yet coz im skinto right now, but I lm looking at bbs lm in black or some kind of wide dished rims lol!!

In future would be but skinto at the mo lol

Ok so scanned it seems it needs a new lambda sensor which I will sort in the next couple weeks! Car is currently off the road waiting for me to tax it beginning of july lol. Will also do the N249 bypass soon when i get some spare time!!

077a47f4.jpg

Fitted my carbonio that I got on ebay cheap!! Did it without taking battery out or bumper off etc got plenty scrapes on the arm to show lol

a21b8dcd.jpg

Chucked my boost gauge in like this for now till I get a A-pillar mount have'nt wired it in yet till I decide if I like it there or not lol

I think the pepperpots would look better if it was slammed

I reckon banded would look good on a polo or lupo but a3 chassis too big!! To get it stanced would need air and chassis work lol!! 17s are a min and even then need to be disgusting low lol!! Ill go for 18s when i do it looool

I reckon banded would look good on a polo or lupo but a3 chassis too big!! To get it stanced would need air and chassis work lol!! 17s are a min and even then need to be disgusting low lol!! Ill go for 18s when i do it looool

I had banded pepper Potts on my old polo saloon and it was slammed !! Looked real nice! I definatly think the previous owner must have sold his wheels before selling the car.

I like the pepper pot wheels, subtle and different.

banded pepper pots would look nuts

I bought some as spare ages ao incase I wanted to refurb my standard wheels (sold them now). I agree with above two comments though but just wondering how wide and then what tyre would suit the car as the wheels are only 15's

Considering spraying them black for now for a bit of stealth lol

i must be getting old, them pepper pots are awesome, one of the best wheels of all time.