EM TuningChris Nott
    Alex

Status

Module 46 Central Conv - No Response

Hi All,

This is my first proper post, so please be patient if I don't follow forum etiquette

I have a 2003 A3 1.8TQS (pre-facelift, engine code ARY) and a genuine Ross-Tech HEX-USB cable with VCDS 10.6.4.

I have tried to access module 46 - central convenience, but VCDS can't seem to communicate with it. Is this module active in the 1.8TQS? Do I need a login? Do you think I need to unplug my battery for a short while and try again? Or are the module 46 functions given within module 35 (central locking)?

What I would like to do:
    1) Auto-lock doors at 10mph
    2) Turn on alarm/horn chirp when locking/unlocking
    3) If possible, windows auto-up whilst holding lock button

I am pretty sure (1) and (2) are possible, as in module 35 in VCDS, I have the soft-code options for these. I have tried (1) but it didn't work (adding +32 to my standard soft code). Any ideas please?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Alex
    A3 1.8T Quattro Sport
    (6-spd, K03S)

--- Forge Recirc DV --- Forge TIP --- Smoothed Airbox --- K&N Panel Filter --- MIJ Custom Turboback Exhaust & Sports Cat --- REVO Remap --- S3 Front & Rear Calipers (Red) --- 312mm & 256mm Black Diamond Upgrades & Ferodos --- Toyosports FMIC --- Turbosmart Boost Gauge ---

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Get yourself over to the 'TQS owners' thread mate, amongst the chit chat there are a few useful posts!!

(1) (2) and (3) are possible, as the third is already activated on mine and the other 2 have been activated on a lot of 8L's. I can't help you with the VCDS side of it yet, as I only got mine today.

Also, if your A3 is a 2003, it would be a facelift model.

A useful link for VCDS - http://www.wikitt.org/wikiTT/images/...kers-Guide.pdf

And welcome to the forum!

Alex

Status
    Cheers buddy!

I noticed you've done the good 'old 312mm upgrade... My BDs are coming on Weds, how have you found the DS2500s being race spec? I went for just the standard DS performance ones. Have you upgraded your brake lines? Do you know if a brake line kit for the S3 will fit our A3?

Useful link, thank you.
    A3 1.8T Quattro Sport
    (6-spd, K03S)

--- Forge Recirc DV --- Forge TIP --- Smoothed Airbox --- K&N Panel Filter --- MIJ Custom Turboback Exhaust & Sports Cat --- REVO Remap --- S3 Front & Rear Calipers (Red) --- 312mm & 256mm Black Diamond Upgrades & Ferodos --- Toyosports FMIC --- Turbosmart Boost Gauge ---

6th Gear

Status
    Cancel your discs (assuming they are 288mm) and buy the ones I have for sale in the classifieds!
    I have upgraded the brake lines for some goodridge ones, and I don't know of it's the DS2500's or the lines or both, but the difference is really noticeable.
    And yes, as far as I know, the lines I got were from an S3 so they should fit.

No probs on the link, just one of the many I have added from this site into my internet bookmarks

Alex

Status
    Ah sorry mate, I ordered the 312mm! Otherwise I would have!
    I still need the S3 carriers to fit the bigger disks - where did you get yours from?

Do you reckon I should upgrade the back disks too? (just with standard sized disks, not the S3 upgrade, as I've been told the rear disks only engage under really heavy braking..)

I'm sure you'll find a new home for your old disks
    A3 1.8T Quattro Sport
    (6-spd, K03S)

Alex

Status
    Ah sorry mate, I ordered the 312mm! Otherwise I would have!
    I still need the S3 carriers to fit the bigger disks - where did you get yours from?

Do you reckon I should upgrade the back disks too? (just with standard sized disks, not the S3 upgrade, as I've been told the rear disks only engage under really heavy braking..)

I'm sure you'll find a new home for your old disks
    A3 1.8T Quattro Sport
    (6-spd, K03S)

6th Gear

Status
    I got mine off of here with the ds2500's and the braided lines. There aren't a massive amount around, but some sellers on eBay want a fortune. I changed my rear discs and pads recently and couldn't really tell the difference tbh. I might get an s3 rear setup if one comes up at the right price,just because they must be a bit better and they look better behind the wheels

Alex

Status
    I can get a front pair of reconditioned red-powder coated S3 312mm calipers (and carriers) for £180 which is a bargain.

Only problem is, I'm not sure if S3 calipers will fit on my TQS??? Any idea? Of course, I could just use the carriers and re-sell the calipers..
    A3 1.8T Quattro Sport
    (6-spd, K03S)

6th Gear

Status
    The calipers are the same for both mate.. So you can do up your old ones and bung them on the bay..

Alex

Status
    Hey mate, got my reconditioned S3 calipers delivered today, powder coated in red
    Just waiting for my stainless brake lines then can get my 312mm front and 256mm rear brakes fitted :D

What do you think? Sexy aren't they...
    A3 1.8T Quattro Sport
    (6-spd, K03S)