few questions might be noobish but search results are doing my tits in ,,sorry

20v-turbo

Reaction score
right got some plans for my car power wise

how much will i get from a custom map on my car (agu 1.8t) it will have fmic and 3 inch turbo back system one silence, panel filter and drilled box ?

cause my mate with a mk4 has gt 212bhp and 290 torq and all hese had is a map :/

other question... do you hear any difference with having a fmic?

next... my cars teh agu so on the airbox thers a amp tht needs cold air to cool it, can you get CAI induction kits that have a mounting for the amp?

anyone know what the poundage on the rear springs of the JOM Coilovers are? as i need heavier duty ones to stop rubbing?

and last but not least cheap ways to avoid driveshaft rubbing?

thanks and my appologies

sorry forgot my main one....

my car when driving is never at 90 degrees engine temp, ,, only reaches that if im in traffic...is this good or bad?? my mates insist tht its bad tht my cars not up to 'temp' :/ anyone help me on this,, my mates s3 also uns this temp :/

lol mate theres about 20 threads with most of these answers in them on the first 3 pages!!

ill help with what i can...

dont bother with a custom map just get a tried and tested generic map - £250ish (no way has ur mate with the golf got 290lbs of torque btw) with the engine/turbo you have (ko3 on an agu) you wont see over 200bhp even with a full exhaust etc

no you dont hear a difference with a fmic

just cable tie the ignition amp to something in the bay to stop it banging around and itl be fine

dunno the poundage but you can adjust them so you wont get rub? my mates is pretty fooking low and doenst ever have any rub issues

no cheap ways to avoid driveshaft rubbing, either stick with a 40mm drop or get an uprated ARB

either ur thermostat or coolant temp sensor is ****** if it doesnt reach 90 degs!

hope that helps

if it only reaches 90 in traffic then its likely that your thermostat is bust

i dnt recon its 290lbs, i think its nm

i think my turbos a k03s as it was replaced in 2006

umm reason my car rubs is cause im running 19x10 in the rear, my suspension in teh back drops bout an icnh when sumone sits in it and i dont want driving round with massive arch gap :/

and with the coolent issue, will this problem affect my power?

take the tip (turbo intake pipe) off and count the blades in the turbo - 8 and its a ko3s, 12 and its a ko3.

you on standard suspension with them wheels? cause jom springs are a fair bit stiffer than standard so you shouldnt have any issues with them on.

no the temp issue shouldnt effect your power but will deffo lower your mpg, its them wheels are whats going to effect your power!! lol can you even light up the fronts with them wheels on??

light up the frnts??

k ill have a look with the tip

i gt joms,, frts are amazing rears are soft