width arch tyre HELP!! ARCH WIDENING?

audi-tk

Reaction score
just brought a set of alloys and need advice or pics if anyboody actually has any.

19 inch alloys with tyre size 215 35 on a 8.5 wide wheel with an offset of 45. im going to be using a pcd adapter which is minimum 15mm which will bring the et to 30. how far would the wheel poke out the arch .bit worried now :O lol but hoping it dont look stupid or i have to raise the car up want to give it the perfect stance but these poxy a3 arches need to be WIDER!!!

ALSO see a thread on here but cant find it on how to widen the arches.think they were using a troley jack and wood. looked a bit dodgy but need to get as much room on these arches as possible thanks.

I have same problem.mine are 245 35 19's et 48. 8.5inch wide and they just stick out about 5-10mm.but 215 maybe a bit slimmer.
This might help you out.

u got a picture? and is youra an a3 not s3 arches? im gonna be poking out i think i might get the adapters grindied down 5mm if this is safe but dont know i would need to shorten the bolts by 5mm too?

rears you wont have problem at all

at my from now im running 19x9 et 48 plus 20mm adapters with 215 35 tyres and i have no problem at all in the frnt and the back should be fine,,, but my rears are 10 inch wide et 45 plus 20mm adapters tehy stuk out about 0.5 of an inch but u could get away with low stretch or you could roll he rear arches but whne flaring trouble with 19s if you want lows then it will then rub on ure bumper at the highest point,,, i had to flare my rears and my bumper ,, but on 8.5 ull be fine

****** hell ! u got a pic? iwould be et 30 with 8.5 wheel. gonna not look as good. is it safe to grind hub adaptors down? i got 15mm on the way but if they were 10mm car would sit at et35 :D only the front im worried about i wouldnt mind the rear being poked out slithgly but not the tread!!

not safe to grind them down,,,, u need to get them machined down as they have an extreme area for error something like0.001mm lol

you should be fine,,,what wheels you slotting on btw

heres how my front sit atm...
15052010.jpg

ive had to flare the rear and bumper quite a bit,,bit mess y atm but was in a rush haha you can get away lots of times with a heat gun and arch roller,,,, not for faint hearted as the paint can crack (heatgun prevents a bit)

frnt pokes out just a lil and their 9s,, only reason its not lower is due to ****** driveshaft rubbing on arb

cheers mate your car looks good. SECRET set atm lol. crappy a3 arches :( yeh and thats what i meant 'machined' lol is it best ro cut the bolts down to how much you cut the spacer down too? 215 35 aint that much of a stretch on 19 is it :( 8.5 width :( and just get a ****** tt arb mate i got on one mine now! :D

chees :)

is ures a FWD model if so ill be buying one soon as haha :)

8.5j wd usually fit a 235-245 tyre so ure running 20mm stretch at least my frnts are on a 40 mm and it show alot tbh haha

wel accoring to the ste your car will be the same as a normal set but 10 wider so shd sit perfect with the stretch you had so i doubt youll need machining :)

what coilovers are you running?

Reactions: audi-tk
it actualy might be ok :D ive got jom/fk coloiver £180 quid ones. nots the best out there but cars feels well nice with them on! oviously if you wind the fronts down u gotta to put a spacer on to make wheels at et 30 as the adjuster hits the tyre :( so they might not even need machining actually :D :D

you know the lip inside rear arch is it ok to grind that away or wil it rust? will defo catch on the wheel :(

hmm,, quik question,,, next time ure with someone can you sit in your boot and then find out how much your rear dropped ? thanks

umm u could cut it out,,,but not advisable,,,cut that out you can see inside the car lol,,,, when i flared mine the double skin seperated so i ahd to use fibreglas and silicone to bridge it to stop wate coming in,,,,unless ure on about the plastic liner??

thanlks

on on bout when you touch the lip there is a bit the pokes out? hard to explain will put up a pic?

basically if you put your hand in the arch right at teh bottom of it where the wheel would catch the arch goes inwards. thats the bit that would cathc onto the tyres? that explain? lol

dude, ET30 with an 8.5J rim ISN'T wide at all, and it's NOT going to rub. That's the same as running ET24.65 on an 8J rim. I'm running ET25 F and ET20 rear on 8J rims without any problems at all, on standard arches, not rolled, with rear coilovers as low as they can be.

Please stop worrying, and just enjoy your new wheels!

yeah! man up! :)

copy and paste, but my info!

I'm running ET30 F and ET25 rear on 8J rims without any problems at all, on standard arches, not rolled, with rear coilovers as low as they can be.

I have at least another 10mm of space on front and 15 on rear :)

you may need to trim the plastic liners though

what the plastics liners fromt he rear bumper part and the front inner arch liners? hopefully be ok. did u get your tt arb on? stevbain