EM TuningBadger5

Thread: mpg game

2nd Gear

Status

mpg game

I've developed a new and exciting game whilst driving my A3...
    the game is "what's the highest mpg readout you can get on your dash!"

I'm using a 2000 1.8T and my current record is 116mpg.

(its something to do whilst on the motorway, kids)

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status

Re: mpg game

i can get mine to read either, 200mpg or - - - mpg, beat that one then, lol!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Numptie of the highest order

Status

yep... agree with Slug.... the far more fun game is see how many miles you can do on a tank of petrol in your S3.... which is quite a depressing game, because you soon realise you get about 350 miles to 60 of Optimax... DOH!!!

...Watching you!

Status

I've had my miles remaining at 700+. This is becasue im using bigger injectors, which, for normal driving, are working less hard so the ECU thinks im getting great MPG.. Little does it know!

RIch

S3 Drift King!

Status

You bunch of saddo's, I'm jealous, my DIS is knackered, and I just leave it switched off...

imported_Nigma

Somthing to also try.... See how many miles you can do after the low fuel "beeeep", until you chicken out and fill up. If you run dry -100 points (but thats probably the least of your worries).

imported_Nigma

The meter would definatly be more usefull if it told you the qty of fuel in the tank as to what it "thinks" you might get.

Neutral

Status

I've had mine down to 0 miles. Left a town, with 5 miles on the display, thinking there was a petrol station a short distance ahead. That short distance turned into 15 miles. 10 nerve wrecking miles with 0 miles on the display. Never ran out of fuel though so there is some fuel left when it says 0 miles.

6th Gear

Status

Its funny how your fuel levels and driving style is constantly monitored. When im just driving round the city (pretty heavy footed) i fill up my petrol tank and it will usually say i have between 380-400 miles left from my full tank. On my return from a business trip to Cloucester i drove very conservatively and had to fill my tank up again when i got back to North London. My DIS petrol monitor told me i had 600 miles left of fuel....fantastic! I know it does change drastically depending on driving style but i do like the fact that when it says 0 they make sure you have 15-20 miles in the tank to get u safely to a garage! Nice one Audi [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

imported_Nigma

I've heard mixed stories about the acuracy of the sensor. A few people have had the engine cut out when the display has said 30 miles, caused by a faulty sensor.

Question is... how do you know if you have a faulty sensor!? Not exactly the kind of thing you want to test.

Anand

6th Gear

Status

Well im going on the presumption that my car is working in perfect order, not faulty at all!

6th Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    nice, been down to 25 on the clock, but the needle is on the last bar. Will never go further than that otherwise you'll be the one laughing on the side of the road walking back in the rain trying to remember if the petrol station you saw was round the next corner or back over the hill on the other side of the Ridgeway along the A34....

[/ QUOTE ]

Jester, if your talking about the murco garage on the A34 near Chilton, that always used to play a part in my petrol light bingo. Open all night when you've got plenty of petrol - closed when you're just about to run out!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats the one. Was blasting up and down and around the ridgeway and stuff and thought I would be fine as I only live up the road. Got caught out once never again, never again I tell you never again never no never ever..... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif[/img]