EM TuningMonster Motorsport

Thread: Alcantara seats

2nd Gear

Status

Alcantara seats

I've had my car from new and its coming up to 3yrs old. All said and done Iam V happy with my S3 experience.

I look after it WELL, which is why I am now a little miffed to see that the Alcantara on the drivers seat is starting to bobble, just around the thigh area. (my @rse hasnt caused any ill effects!)

Should it be covered by any part of warranty ?(reckon I am grasping at staws but thought I'd ask)
    Alternatively any ideas on how I can refurbish?
    All the others seats n panels are 100% OK

Cheers guys
    Marcus
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status

Re: Alcantara seats

my alcantaras have don3e 50k miles and still look new, urs could have a defect

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Yeah, you can shave alacantara (very light and carfull) with an ordinary face razor. Just don't use a bic orange, you seen what they do to your face!

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif[/img]

2nd Gear

Status

cheers guys .... will see what the dealer says next week when its up for its 3rd AVS (which will be a freebee that I negotiated with them and AudiUK for previous errors on their part)
    Am expecting the wear n tear response, but the area isnt really where u sit, its sorts between the legs to the front of the seat, so I reckon I've got a good arguement. If all else fails the fuzz away jumper bobble remover seems like a good idea.

1st Gear

Status

It depends massively on what you wear. If you wear some soft suit trousers all the time, you'll get very little wear of the seat, but denim or or hard materials wear the alcantara more quickly. Also depends on how much your legs move whilst changing gear and also how heavy you are... I'm not calling you fat though! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

5th Gear

Status

Yeah, i looked at an M3 at the weekend and some seriously overweight person must have had owned it. 7k miles and the outside seat bolsters were fcuked!

They had squashed the living daylights out of them, dealer wouldnt change it either on a 36k car! Theres plenty out there though so their loss!

Neutral

Status

Nervus, you going for a M3 then, very nice this is what I'm getting next.

5th Gear

Status

Im very very tempted after seeing the things go. The plan was to sell the 911 and S3 as i have a new boxster S on order. Run the box S for the summer and buy an older 911 T at the end of the summer. Basically saving as much as i can to get into as new a turbo as i can afford.

Im now contemplating selling the 911 and S3, cancelling the Boxster S (no penalty's as theres still a waiting list) and just run an M3 for a while. i know new ones loose a fortune so a demo or something would be ideal.

The dealer was a turd though. I dont think he believed i had a 911 so im looking forward to going back tomorrow in it to tell him im on my way to a rival dealership - w4nker!

5th Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    The dealer was a turd though. I dont think he believed i had a 911 so im looking forward to going back tomorrow in it to tell him im on my way to a rival dealership - w4nker!

[/ QUOTE ]

Do it - and make sure you leave plenty of tyre smoke from the 911. He'll be gutted he didnt take you more seriously. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

6th Gear

Status

The dealer guy will be gutted serves him right [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img] !!!!

imported_Robbyc

Getting back on to the subject of seats does anyone know the best way to clean Alcantara seats?

S3 Drift King!

Status

Nice to see you on here Robby [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

imported_Robbyc

Hi jojo how are you? havent been on here for a while, there are a few things i need to do to my car so i've just been having a little surf around the site. Got any ideas how tho clean my seats?

1st Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Getting back on to the subject of seats does anyone know the best way to clean Alcantara seats?

[/ QUOTE ]

Alcantara cleaning pdf

I'm trying to source some of those James products at the moment.

imported_Robbyc

Cheers ims3ola i think i'll try and get some of those james products they look quite good.

Numptie of the highest order

Status

just incase anyone has the same issues as me and is starting to think perhaps getting the front of the car re-trimmed, a few questions...

1. does anyone know a good re-trim place in the south east that doesn't cost a fortune?

2. would anyone be interested in a group buy for getting the front of there car sorted?

3. does anyone know how to get blood stains out of yellow alacantra... small issue with a power tool and hand...

5th Gear

Status

For no 3.
    Try using Perchloroethylene, them warm water. Obviously try on a small unconspicuous area first to make sure it doesnt harm the Alacantara.
    Its one of the least aggressive dry cleaning solvents and is good for removing grease from fabric etc.

Numptie of the highest order

Status

cheers nervus, any idea's where you can get dry cleaning kits / chemicals from as I've been looking for a while and had no luck... thought halfords used to do one...

imported_Robbyc

i would be interested in a group buy, the only problem is i would want to get front and back seats done just so the colour matches. Any idea how much it would cost?

1st Gear

Status

I spoke to MJ Interiors who have a good reputation in the retrimming business a couple of months back. He knew exactly what I was on about and said it would be about 250-300 to retrim the alcantara in my front seats i.e. keep existing black leather bits.

Only problem for me is they're way up north [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

imported_ashs3

[ QUOTE ]

Alcantara cleaning pdf

I'm trying to source some of those James products at the moment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Top stuff, cheers mate [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

imported_Robbyc

I like the sound of that 250-300 i would say that was a reasnable price. Where abouts up north is it i'm in b'ham so it might not be too far from here.