BADGER TIP GROUP BUY

S3Lol

Reaction score
Hi All,

This is a Group Buy (GB) for a Badger TIP (Turbo Inlet Pipe) also a Jetex air filter
A bit of info here PRICES/PICTURES-full 76mm/3" k04 LCR/S3/TT ESP cars only TIP- - SEAT Cupra.net - SEAT Forum and also here
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-forum-8l-chassis/109356-3inch-tip-tests-danes-s3-today.html

3inchtip-parts-assembled.jpg

e38ffb13.jpg

spreadsheet with members details https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...thkey=CNKDgtQP

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for adding me on the list and I think I will leave the Jetex for the time being as I have my heart set on a BMC CDA for a replacement air box, but thanks for the info about the Jetex. Any ideas on the total cost inc P+P yet guys?

dont.. pleae dont use BMC CDA as it will undo any gains the 3" TIP will give you.. to the tune of 15g/s LOSS over a JR filter!
Had this on an S3 last year.. stunned how badly the CDA choked the airflow.

Oh there is a lot of love for the Badger 5 TIP - a tried and tested, known to perform product always does well.

There will be 32 happy people resulting from this, everyone as far as I know who has fitted one has seen gains.

It would be good for as many people as possible who have access to VCDS to log block 002 before and after fitment. This will give you an idea of the airflow gained from fitting it. It's quite good to see gains so that an average gain can be worked out.

It's always nice to see results.

Good work :thumbsup:

just for clarification... re gains.
It works, and works well and on Danes it gave 19bhp and 19g/s gains over a K&N filter in OE airbox. Exceptional gains.. In real terms the very high end of what you should expect to get

FITTING GUIDE:
Some assembly notes for these:
I have cut down one of the elbows, the end which goes onto the turbo adaptor. Have some gasket sealer/Tiger Seal or silicon (automotive not bath!) to smear onto the ID of the adaptor, just a smear to make a full seal. Also add some loctite onto the two grub screws when you screw them onto the turbo's intake. They will sit into the turbos groove on its intake.

Once you have fitted the adaptor to the turbo and tightened the grub screws (dont go daft they are only going into aluminium), then you can push over the cut end of the 76mm 90 bend. I found it easier to assemble the parts with clamps fitted but not tight, and used washing up liquid on the hoses so they can be adjusted easier to align everything nice. Once you have added all the parts and made any neccessary adjustments to the hoses and angles for your induction setup, you can then tighten the clamps.

Where you may want or need to adjust the lengths of the silicon bends to suit your induction setup, I have found doing a hose clip up onto the pipe to act as a cutting guide, and using a very sharp stanley type knife along the clamps edge, gives you a nice square cut.

Open induction filter users will find the install straight forward, the OE airbox ones will need to trim hoses for the correct fitment.

Any questions please ask.

Is the gasket sealant/silicon required?

a light smear I advise yes.. dont get heavy handed with it as the billet adaptor is a good fit on the turbo, and will only squeaze out and make a mess.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been asked a question: which I will share the Q and A as I am sure others will also see the same kind of thing.

On the oil breather pipe, ESP cars, the rubber hose which goes onto the tip, can kink especially when the rubebr pipe is soft and perished, which is quite common on these. When you squash the pipe it would feel soft and sqashy, and not reilient like it should be. If the hose is too soft like this, it can kink, closing or even blocking off the breather pipe.. This is a bad thing as excessive crank pressure will ensue, and it can cause oil seals to suffer, and blue smoke as oil will blow past. In the event of your hose being "soft", seek a replacement length. Its 16mm ID. Alternatively a 16mm 90' silicon elbow can be supplied to replace the straight length supplied as normal. If your hose is soft and squishy, it needs to be replaced tho.
thanks
bill

which setup would u recommend. do both have similar g/s gains???

Ok bill cheers for update. Just can't wait to get my TIP and get it fitted. can u put jetex filter inside std airbox?????

aye.. look thru tufftyblokes (GT30S3) build thread. he did it. looks OE from the top

Starts on this post... http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...is3s-minor-modding-thread-22.html#post1135625

...and carries on here... http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...is3s-minor-modding-thread-22.html#post1149340

<tuffty/>

Hi Bill,

Received the parcel yesterday and everythings in in grade A+ condition, well packed and the items look very heavy duty :)

Will definitely be using your services again in the future and I hope to visit your garage shortly for you to have a look over my motor.

Cheers
Chris

Bills the blinking man! :beerchug:

Rec'd mine today. I have yet to open the box! Thanks Bill

When I opened up the box to the Jetex it put a smile to my face.

It's HUGE! (compared to previous cone filters I've puchased) Not fitted yet though :(

I have a question Bill - how often would you recommend you clean the Jetex filter? Every scheduled service or can it be left longer? Ta. <posted here as I'm sure other may be curious>

I have a question Bill - how often would you recommend you clean the Jetex filter? Every scheduled service or can it be left longer? Ta. <posted here as I'm sure other may be curious>

I am curious about that, I was thinking every 15.000 Km

I am reluctant to say a fixed milage, as conditions will vary significantly between cars.. every 10k km was a Green suggested clean period as a comparison, but I have seen filters with a lot less milage on them look filthy.

I have posted the link the the guide... a few posts up..
( SEAT Cupra.net - SEAT Forum - View Single Post - PRICES/PICTURES-full 76mm/3" k04 LCR/S3/TT ESP cars only TIP- )

copied below:
FITTING GUIDE:
Some assembly notes for these:
I have cut down one of the elbows, the end which goes onto the turbo adaptor. Have some gasket sealer/Tiger Seal or silicon (automotive not bath!) to "lightly" smear onto the ID of the adaptor, just a minimal smear to make a full seal as there's only 0.1mm tolerance to the turbo's Od - Too much and it will just extrude everywhere and make a mess. Also add some loctite onto the two grub screws when you screw them onto the turbo's intake. They will sit into the turbos groove on its intake.

Once you have fitted the adaptor to the turbo and tightened the grub screws (dont go daft they are only going into aluminium), then you can push over the cut end of the 76mm 90 bend. **I found it easier to assemble the parts with clamps fitted but not tight, and used washing up liquid on the hoses (NOT ON THE CUT ELBOW TO TIP ADAPTOR THO, IT WILL KEEP SLIDING OFF!!) so they can be adjusted easier to align everything nice. Once you have added all the parts and made any neccessary adjustments to the hoses and angles for your induction setup, you can then tighten the clamps.**

Where you may want or need to adjust the lengths of the silicon bends to suit your induction setup, I have found doing a hose clip up onto the pipe to act as a cutting guide, and using a very sharp stanley type knife along the clamps edge, gives you a nice square cut.

Open induction filter users will find the install straight forward, the OE airbox ones will need to trim hoses for the correct fitment.

Any questions please ask.
all the best
enjoy
bill

Guys who have fitted these, I'm sure I read that getting rid of the OEM airbox means the MaF moves about and can be damaged.

How have you guys overcome this?

Really should have read the heat shield thread first, shouldn't I!

Ordered!

Mention your a member of the Audi-Sport forum and you'll get it for £20 :)

Fitted mine this morning.... Had to trim a couple of pipes to get it them to route correctly and had to cut about 1.5" off the 90 degree elbow going to the MAF.

One thing I couldn't get 100% flush, not matter how hard I tried, was doing the 90 degree elbow up on to the turbo billet adaptor. Absolute **** to do (I know it should be easy. It's now on, tight at the bottom but with an approximate 8mm gap at the top. When i tighten the jubilee clip, the pipe gradually slides off the adaptor.

I've done 70 miles with it as it is and it hasn't budged. Just wondered if anyone has had the same problems? I used some sealant too, so it's hopefully going to be ok?!.......

Ryan

If you have issue with that lower elbow not sitting flush to the billet adaptors face, you can cut a 'slant' on that to angle the elbow outward, away from the turbo.. this clears the coolant pipes.. that and some strategic "bending" can sometimes help. Its a big old pipe sat down there, to miss stuff. the angle off the turbo will ease fitment, and can be trimmed to suit.. a few mm makes for quite an angle change.
regards
bill

I was logging yesterday, and I don't have more g/s with the stock ECU, but the spool it's better... My MAF is the original one with 157.000 Km and this can be part of the problem, the other part is one of the silicone hoses, today I trimmed the shifting gear cables bracket, because it was smashing one hose, now it isn't perfect but it's better....

Stock TIP + Stock filter @ 6040 --> 160.89 g/s
B5 TIP + Jettex @ 6000 --> 160.89 g/s

Last edited:
I was logging yesterday, and I don't have more g/s with the stock ECU, but the spool it's better... My MAF is the original one with 157.000 Km and this can be part of the problem, the other part is one of the silicone hoses, today I trimmed the shifting gear cables bracket, because it was smashing one hose, now it isn't perfect but it's better....

Stock TIP + Stock filter @ 6040 --> 160.89 g/s
B5 TIP + Jettex @ 6000 --> 160.89 g/s

that is'nt right... 160g/s is some 20g/s down on a std s3 airflow! your mafs not working well at all :(

they are again on back order.. Orders being taken to secure on against the next stock delivery, but demand outstrips supply.