HELP PLEASE!!!

dplovin

Reaction score
has anybody got an idea of what the sensor is called which is stuck on the right hand side of the cylinder head near the sai, something goes there but i havent a clue what lol its been unplugged or summat. ive got pics but havent a foooookin clue how post them.

cheers peeps

yeah its running fine buddy had it for around 7 months now lol. noticed it the othe day while doing the n249 bypass

I'm sure that's what it is but I wouldn't have expected your car to run very well! It's an S3 yeah?

When I get home I'll get some pics of where the wire that should be plugged into it is coming from.

You can see it a bit here. I'll go through the rest of my pics, hang tight:

814925f5.jpg

yeah its an s3 mate and thats definayely the sensor buddy in your pics, like you said havent a clue were the wire comes from that plugs into it, i maybe havent even got one i'll have a quick butchers around now in the engine see if ones hanging around somewhere

cheers mate

Did you find it mate?

I've just had a look at mine and if you follow the wiring from the fuel rail that goes into the black plastic trunking stuff, that's where the plug wiring for that sensor should come out of.

maybe his engine is originally non vvt, had its head replaced at some point in its life with a vvt head with the vvt removed? would explain why it still runs ok??

i think it has been replaced some time to be honest but not been declared, it says in my service book and in the boot were the spare goes that my engine code is APY which should be right as its a 2000 reg s3 but the engine code thats sand blasted to the block says AMK which is the 225bhp model Hmmmmm were could i find the engine number if this engine hasent been declared theres a chance it could of covered more miles than it states or less miles would be better lol any ideas?

That makes sense then. You look like you've got the top off a 225 (hence the VVT) but I suspect the rest o it is the original engine. Still some unanswered questions there though mate!

Looking at your avatar your car is preface lift, you won't have vvt...

So yes, definitley been replaced at some point

cheers guys abit of light at the end of the tunnel there.... like you say tho westle unaswered questions doesnt look good. runs ok tho a think the turbos been replaced to because theres a egt sensor loose with nowhere to go and the apy lump doesnt have one a think

i think the probe is still connected to the turbo, its just the black plug at the other end it aint plugged into nothing so ive just had cable tie it to the manifold to stop it movin around, i cant see any were under the manifold for it to go

does it plug straight into the inlet, or does the black block, plug into somethging else which is connected to the inlet manifold lol hope u getwhat i mean i baffle myself at times

dont think i have one being honest buddy i'll double check tommorow though nice 1 :beerchug:

maybe his engine is originally non vvt, had its head replaced at some point in its life with a vvt head with the vvt removed? would explain why it still runs ok??

Did the same with an S3 I built before, fitted an AUM head to an APY S3 block. This also has the plug disconnected.

APY will not have EGT. End of.

Cable tie out of the way and forget about it.

Sounds like the engine has had a new head and turbo sourced from a later S3. Simple as that.